Better aerial reception required.

H105Daz

Advanced Member
having a live feed wire running alongside an 'interference susceptible' co-ax is surely not the professional way? I can pick up a few AM stations (Fivelive at least!!) and a couple of local FM stations but they're all bleedin adverts anyway...!!!

Jon

I'm having problems with radio reception. Has anyone got a picture of the booster in the footwell? I cant find anything in my Teg.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Jon said:
I'm having problems with radio reception. Has anyone got a picture of the booster in the footwell? I cant find anything in my Teg.
Me too. I am limited to all the BBC stations and some local like Capital and Heart but I wish I had a DAB choice of stations via the Appradio, it's really poor.

Been contemplating getting rid of it and getting a full DAB stereo. Any help to improve the amount of stations one could pick up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
You need a UK/USA based head unit. A Japanese one won't pick up FM unless you buy a waveband expander. I would just get another head unit personally.

Jon

Torque GT change the headunit for me before I picked the car up. It's a UK Clarion.
It does pick up both Radio 1 and 2, but as soon as you drive anywhere, the signal starts to break up. The stereo has AF on.

I've read on here about a booster in the passenger footwell, not getting power once you change the headunit. But I can't find one in my Teg.

I have been toying with the idea of going DAB. But I can't find a good, tidy looking ariel.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I have exactly the same issue and never got to the bottom of it. I stream everything to my appradio using screen mirroring but that comes with its own issues. Such as BBC screwing up their app constantly despite having millions of pounds from the uk license.
My guess is the aerial is just pants unless anyone can confirm they can get all the BBC channels and the locals and keep them whilst driving.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
The only way you can get an Android phone to work with the Appradio is by rooting it, well that's the process with my Nexus 4 anyway.

Can anyone else confirm if it's the same with other Android phones? The phone will connect fine without being rooted so will mirror your phone on the Appradio screen however you don't get any touchscreen functionality without having a rooted phone, really bloody annoying.

After rooting N4 I unrooted it and put it back to normal as Barclays online banking doesn't work on a rooted phone and I use that app everyday. I can still listen to music through the phone connected via the stereo when I turn on the the 7 digital app, but it would be better and easier if I could do it all touchscreen on the stereo itself instead of having to do it through the phone. And to cap it all off the support network from Pioneer is non-existent.

How much are DAB stereos?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
MissMyDC2 said:
I have exactly the same issue and never got to the bottom of it. I stream everything to my appradio using screen mirroring but that comes with its own issues. Such as BBC screwing up their app constantly despite having millions of pounds from the uk license.
My guess is the aerial is just pants unless anyone can confirm they can get all the BBC channels and the locals and keep them whilst driving.
When you say screen mirroring, are you using cast off an Android phone or are you on an iphone?

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Ayup, using app radio unchained on android. Yeah needs root unfortunately but given what it does I can see why. I do the whole thing wireless and it works well. Will probably move it to a HDMI converter at some point.

dotty

Advanced Member
I need to buy a decent double din, have noticed the radio reception in the FD2 is really naff also.