Big brakes kit for optimum racing?

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
How good are the discs compared to Paul G's?

I assume it's best to get the full combo pads/calipers/discs as a whole kit as they work better together than other mixed combos?

Your right Ed, dont mix pads and discs that you have not tested, we spend lots of time testing different combos and only reccomend ones that work well together.We dont want to be seen to reccomend anything that doesnt work :wink:
the Hawk pads have two different grades so if you are racing we would supply a different grade than road and track day pads,
There is nothing wrong with the Brembo calipers,they are fine and well balanced piston sizes,there is NO NEED for any more than 4 pistons. I dont remember if i mentioned it before but a well known brake company sponsered us in Time Attack in 2007, We tested their best 10 pot caliper and disc/pad at Brands Hatch and they lasted 5 laps before overheating and warping the disc and melting the bearing grease. TARibble..... :xtsk:

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
Totally agree Paul. Any more than 4 pots is a waste of time for the size and weight of our cars. I don't know why some companies make these 8+ pot kits. More seals to go wrong. \:D/ .

Cheers