Bilstein B14/B16 Questions

adam.

Advanced Member
Evening all, I'm looking at getting EP3 B14/B16's, but I need clarification on the bits needed to make them fit the DC5.

I understand it's front track rod ends, and rear shims/washers for the rear control arm.

Does anyone have part numbers and specs of the bits needed?

The Bilstein part numbers (I think) are either 47-118768 for B14 or 48-118804 for B16/PSS9.

TIA !

adam.

Advanced Member
James T said:
Good choice though, I love my B14s. None of this Taiwanese excremente.
Thanks, I had B14's on my previous 172 Cup - I wouldn't look at any other suspension manuf. now.

I'm not sure whether to go for the PSS9 with adjustable damping or just fit and forget a B14 kit.

I suppose I'll have to get under the car and measure for the washers, or see how loose lipped TGM are.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
I believe its only 2x1mm washers for each side on the rear struts. Googel ep3 suspension on a dc5, been covered many times :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
If I had the money it would be Bilstein for me, decades of experience in Motorsports and tonnes of R&D gone into all their products so you're getting real top quality.

Surprised the B14/B16's don't cost more than they actually do. I know they're not fully adjustable as say TEIN's for instance but to me I can imagine they're a far superior product.

adam.

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
I believe its only 2x1mm washers for each side on the rear struts. Googel ep3 suspension on a dc5, been covered many times :)
I only thought to search here, which didn't yield much to me ! :xno: But after a quick google, I see what you mean.

Crazylegs said:
If I had the money it would be Bilstein for me, decades of experience in Motorsports and tonnes of R&D gone into all their products so you're getting real top quality.

Surprised the B14/B16's don't cost more than they actually do. I know they're not fully adjustable as say TEIN's for instance but to me I can imagine they're a far superior product.
I couldn't believe the difference between OEM and B14, the ride was much MUCH better. I'm never going to need full adjust-ability, or pillow-ball top mounts, etc.