Black DC5 owners.....

bling

Advanced Member
Black cars aint that much of a problem to keep clean as long as you have put enough effort in the detailing of the paintwork before hand.
had the car claybarred
then used cleaner to remove fine swirl marks and scratches
then used a good quality polish(found megs stage 2 brillaint)
then coated with an expensive carnuba wax like zymol, swisswax, pinnacle.

and the most important thing once you have done the above step is to make sure you use a very mild shampoo like zymol auto bath which does not start stripping the wax off the car when washing.

when drying i also use a quick detailing spray like megs and a soft microfibre to dry the car.

no need to carry out the first stage again for a along time just wash the car once a week.

heres some imagesof the car washed only. i carried out the first stage when i bought the car back in january.

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
mines is black, enjoy washing it as it looks fantastic clean!

Going to get it detailed at the start of the summer few small swirls that need sorted.

Fancy a white FD2 though think white might be the new black (not championchip white which is cream really) ;)

Evs

Advanced Member
I'll always pick black if I have a choice as (imho) you can't beat the look when it's clean.

I personally wouldn't go for a colour that 'doesn't show the dirt' - people say this about silver (for example), but the dirt still makes them look dull so if you're looking for a wet glossy look the car needs to be clean to achieve that, whatever colour it is.

Basically just buy the colour you like and then look after it (as I'm sure you will) :idea:

Just clay it, polish the swirls out and then give it a good coating of sealant or wax, then it's easy to keep clean as the crap won't stick to it quite so easily.