Boosting the DC5R

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Aren't they for the FN2 from new? I thought I'd read it's the inlet manifold that needs to be dc5 specific or how the thing mounts needs to be modified including aircon removal and that's what makes sourcing them difficult? Could be wrong obviously

kieranH

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
308bhp today....happy with that
Nice one man thats a great result and something im aiming for in the future. I think its just bang on for these cars.

beppe786

Beppe
post up the graph..

eurospec rollers 308bhp is around 330bhp on tdi north give or take few hp

so looking at the above posts turbo intercooled teg at 7psi makes around the same power as a cooled supercharged. thats surprising good for the jrsc with its Parasitic losses

Brophy

Advanced Member
Nice figures mate need to post up graph and mods so can compare mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

integraleo

Advanced Member
Mods are
Jrsc with 3.2" pulley
Charge cooler
Dc sports manifold
Teg m induction
Kakimoto regu06r exhaust

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mate I'm glad it's nice for you that's the main thing.

Take it it's Romain that tuned it? Lovely power the delivery must be great.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Ye romain tuned it,my car has always been really sensitive to engine knock so always has to dial it back a touch.he suspects possibility of higher compression that might be causing it. Car drives lovely and smooth and finally has the power I wanted from the start.

MrRy

Advanced Member
I went through an agonising 3/4 years with a turbocharged DC2 so know the score and my 2p's worth would be for a DC5:

1. Buy everything from America.
2. Fit it yourself. it's not rocket science.
3. Get the car taken (Don't drive it!) to a good tuning place and let them map it and make any final adjustments. I would only use Will @ RDT as my personal experience has been fantastic + his hub dyno is an exceptional piece of equipment. To this day I've never driven a car as smooth and usable as my Dc2. On the flip side I had a 241bhp EP3 previously tuned by TDi North which drove really badly - flatspots, not throttle control, almost like the ignition timing was all over the shop. Race-Tech setup and tuned by DC2 originally and they did the worst job I've ever known. (road tuned, off a base map, detonating all over the place).
4. If it costs more than £3k all in, think about what else you could buy...

dave7368

Advanced Member
that's going to be some proper cheap shlte ebay specials from the states if you're looking at 3k all in..

MrRy

Advanced Member
Yes most probably. My turbo setup cost me £6k in total when you factor in cooling, stage 4 clutch, gauges, etc.

But what I'm saying is, what else could you buy for £9k to £14k (depending on the base value of your dc5).

beppe786

Beppe
jcdc5 said:
400 bhp from a JRSC Beppe your having a laughing...Jrsc will peak at 350bhp
Beppe said:
why turbo when supercharging is easy as pie and with a few jrsc mods you're up in the 400 hp range

stock k20a 349whp is around 400hp plus you wont break nothing with no torque spikes.

ive reposted old posts maybe you missed them..