Bored with the teg, what next?

Grov

Banned
Well the M3 E46 Straight six does need thrashing to get the best out of it, and it's heavy at 1500kg, but id of thought 340bhp or w.e they are would easily see of a DC5, i assume your talking 250brake+ DC5's.

kingston

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
I smoked his ass.
Please, what you get up to in your own time is your own business but please try toremember this is a family forum (of sorts) :xtsk: :xyes: :p

Its funny seeing what cars people suggest at buying price but then forget maintenance costs after as there not 20k cars to maintain

Stoo

Whining.....
Grov said:
Well the M3 E46 Straight six does need thrashing to get the best out of it, and it's heavy at 1500kg, but id of thought 340bhp or w.e they are would easily see of a DC5, i assume your talking 250brake+ DC5's.
1590KG / 343 bhp = 222bhp/ton

1170kg / 260bhp = 222bhp/ton

Hoodster

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
I had a play with a Saxo vtr not long ago, I was on my Griffter and I smoked his ass.
8) as fook man was it all your own power or did you use the go faster card in the back spokes. :roll:

Grov

Banned
Stoo said:
Grov said:

A 260bhp DC5 is gonna cost a bit to get there. :) No doubt it would keep up though running that power.

So are the weights for the DC5R correct then, non AC is 1170 and the AC is 1180kg?

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Grov said:
Stoo said:
Grov said:

A 260bhp DC5 is gonna cost a bit to get there. :) No doubt it would keep up though running that power.

So are the weights for the DC5R correct then, non AC is 1170 and the AC is 1180kg?
im not sure how the weight is measured. i have an MOT certificate that says my car weighs 1094kg. does anyone know if the 1170/1180kg includes a passenger and/or half/full tank of fuel?

Grov

Banned
Somebody needs to go and get there standard DC5 weighed, lol.

Id be surprised if it actually is under 1200KG.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
it wont be that light.a 96 spec JDM dc2 weighs 1060kg so the dc5 wont be close to that
yeh i know, i was confused by it, some car weights include an average passenger (i think they use 70kg as a figure) and a half tank of fuel. Im not sure what the DC5 curb weight is based on, if its taken as dead weight, ie no fuel, no passenger, that would maybe explain it?

stux

Advanced Member
i'm pretty sure that quoted weights on german car are with driver and fluids. :wink:

For the record, the weight of a standard accord type r with no a/c is 1300kgs, so i'd imagine a DC5 to be 90ish kgs lighter maybe? :xyes: Still fantastic power/weight on DC5's. :wink:

The Lum

Advanced Member
The one thing that would be a factor for me us buying a new car that's older than the one I left. I have done that with the Teg. From a 56 Fiesta ST to an 04 Teg but don't think I would fancy going much older than a car that's 5-6 years old. To me they just don't hold much value after that age (any car that is).

cpoh

Advanced Member
Grov said:

To get a standard DC5 to 260hp is going to cost you the bones of £2.5k sterling minimum. Spend 2.5k on an E46 M3 and you'll see a different animal also.

The E46 offers a different level of handling, refinement and enjoyment the DC5 just doesnt have in its armoury - it reaslly is a pleasure to drive.

Andy.

Advanced Member
The Lum said:
don't think I would fancy going much older than a car that's 5-6 years old. To me they just don't hold much value after that age (any car that is).
I'm not sure what you mean by this mate?

There are plenty of older cars that are highly desirable and hence hold value well, and also examples that escalate in price :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I got it....... V8 power, there's no replacement for displacement! :lol: 8)

Vauxhall Monaro VXR 500 gets my vote. Absolute ANIMAL! It's FUN and not a hotel on wheels.

[youtube]4TPHXVtblWw[/youtube]

rodney

Advanced Member
Andy. said:
The Lum said:
don't think I would fancy going much older than a car that's 5-6 years old. To me they just don't hold much value after that age (any car that is).
Hmmm. I would say my DC2 with 96k on the clock (99 'T) going for 5k would say that it really does depend on the car like Andy says. I'm sure the DC5 will never have the cult status of the EK9, DC2 etc. What I'm saying is that with your line of thinking you've made a mistake with the DC5. I had a 1981 retro civic that I'm more attached to than the DC.5 :)

*lost in the mire of heavy pain killers lol*

celox performance

Advanced Member
I had 3 cars while I owned the DC5 and one was an Evo 6. I loved the Evo so much that I decided to sell the Teg and keep the Evo, which i've owned now for 1.5 years and have never looked back. It's such a great car on the road and goes round the track just as quickly as my DC5 did and has better straight line speed. 4wd does come in very handy for the winter which makes it a very practical car and a car that can be used 365 days a year.

If I was to change the Evo and my 2nd car that I have now then I would part ex them both for an FD2 :twisted:

alucardo

Advanced Member
If I had that kind of money I would get an exige...Currently only have up to 12k so im looking in that bracket and its tough going:

350z
s2000
s15
gtr33
evo8
m3
golf gti mark5/6
boxster s

Grov

Banned
alucardo said:
If I had that kind of money I would get an exige...Currently only have up to 12k so im looking in that bracket and its tough going:

350z
s2000
s15
gtr33
evo8
m3
golf gti mark5/6
boxster s
You accidently put golf GTI in your list mate. :lol: