Bored with the teg, what next?

vtecboy

Advanced Member
Well, I think it's finally happened. I'm bored with my teg! Even after a few upgrades it feels horribly underpowered. The exhilaration has just worn off 3yrs down the road. But I'm kinda stumped as to what to look out for next.

Part of going honda was the fact that you don't end up having to service them or buy parts for them that often. I'm not really interested in Evos or STIs .... I've been looking at ~2000 911's or M3's but none of them are really floating my boat either, even though I know they're great cars.

What's a man to do?

Peter D

Advanced Member
For my next car i'm getting a Lotus Exige S, you considered these?

4.1 seconds to 62mph, about 9.8 seconds to 100mph...so is only roughly 0.7 of a second slower to 100mph than an FQ-400 Evo! But would destroy one round a track

\:D/

The Lum

Advanced Member
I've also thought of this before. I like the newer shape Impreza and thought of that. Or an E46 M3.

vtecboy

Advanced Member
I knew someone was going to mention Lotus :) I'm not sure I could afford an Exige but I was thinking about a K20 converted Elise S1 !

The only thing is that I surf, and I can quite happily fit the surf board inside the teg and take it down the coast for the weekend!

garytc78

Advanced Member
I've just sold mine and bought this

I'm very happy with it and it goes like stink :twisted:

Stoo

Whining.....
garytc78 said:

Ive just sold mine!!!

Exactly the same
07 plate in deep black.
I wouldnt say goes like stink though!

Blairh22

I agree with Peter D... Lotus is the way forward.

You seen the 5 new models they are bringing out?? :eek:

crackers

Surely a megane sport 225/230 F1 is a step down from a DC5?!?! Its french so has no build quality at all, i know ive not owned 1 but i have owned a mk2 megane coupe aswell as a peugeot 106 and a citroen saxo VTR, to which all 3 were built sh!tly and out of tin foil and had crap engines in them!

I know those megane's look very smart and are quick cars but thats cheating with a blower, the DC5 hasn't got a blower and its only 5/10BHP down in standard form! The japs build the engines to own not the french i have to admit although they do build some smart looking motors and yours gary does look smart i will admit that!

Jap cars for life for me from now on!

mikegsi

Staff member
Evo. Bang for buck you'll get no better. Buy a stock 8 fq300 (import 260's have the weaker bottom end, don't be talked otherwise!!) spend 1k and you'll see 400bhp.

Don't be led astray over servicing and running costs either, they ain't as bad as people make out!!!

garytc78

Advanced Member
S80PERteg said:
garytc78 said:

Ive just sold mine!!!

Exactly the same
07 plate in deep black.
I wouldnt say goes like stink though!
I'm not sure if yours was a bad one but mine is every bit as quick as the teg and handles as good if not better but it doesn't come with high insurance premiums that the teg does and that my friend is one of the reasons I sold mine.

Stoo

Whining.....
My R26 was lovely. It just did nothing for me

STD for STD. Theres not much in it and I wouldn't like to call it but the teg is where my heart is.

So Much more responsive to tuning and so much more for it!!

Crackers. Take your blinkers off. It's a great car.

garytc78

Advanced Member
Thats what gets me stoo people forget that the teg is not the be all and end all i will admit that the teg
was the best car i've owned in every way and if it wasn't for the growing family and the high insurance
I would still have the car but we all grow up and our circumstances change.
I think the R26 is very similar to the teg but more refined with a great engine which reno are known
for producing and the LSD is very agressive more so than the teg and I actually think it would have it
on the track std for std.

viggen

Advanced Member
a remaped r26 would go like crazy.turbo cars are so cheap to get extra bhp from.ive only had my dc5 6 weeks,but my last car was a tuned 93 viggen 2.3turbo.was 220 bhp and 350 nm stock,spent £200 on remap took it to 260ish bhp and 450nm of torque.it was carzy fast up hills and overtaking other cars.i was geting 1.5bar of boost at 1900rpm.mid range pull was unreal.

firthy22

Advanced Member
You could always try a supercharger or turbo conversion on your DC5. Might give you what you're looking for, unless you are after 4 wheel drive or rear wheel drive for drifting.

oregato

Advanced Member
Those Meganes are fierce quick, been out on track with them and it was pretty much neck and neck with the Teg, probably due to my own driving skill I was just not able to get past, but they do pack a punch, the inside is more refined than the Integra and nice and comfy to be in, even on track.

As for your next car, the Exiges can be a pain to get in and out of, especially if you're any way tall or fat! - Just remember leg head arse leg ;)

I wouldn't know what to get myself next, the fact that the Teg gets driven around twice a week at this stage, puts it in my head that if I were to spend any money on a car, it would be just throwing it away, I just don't use the car enough. I have access to other cars as well and these are normally used for the mundane drive to the shops or when we're going out for a meal.

I'm considering selling mine at some juncture, but I really just can't justify getting something else that has a bit of flare and life.

Some cars on my list for next car would be:

E46 M3
Scooby
Evo 8

DuaneT

Advanced Member
Ever thought of a TT Supra? Facelift you could get a 2001 model... not cheap but lotsof fun :D

D

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
vtecboy said:
What's a man to do?

Sell it.Get any of the above. See you in six months. :idea:

You'll come back,they all do. :idea: 8)

3 or 4 of the guys on here,(You know who you are :-" :xcheers: ),are back in an Type R, & not there 2nd or 3rd either.

Go have your fun,we'll keep your spot warm for you. :green: