Brake advice

mike.williams

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
Much better heat management Mike as the 2 piece setup allows the rotor to expand at a different rate to the bell . This stabilises brake temps and provides more consistent braking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks

i need discs and ive been trying to work out if the cost of going two piece is worth the gain on the 300x25 setup

martinj46

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
thanks

i need discs and ive been trying to work out if the cost of going two piece is worth the gain on the 300x25 setup
I don't for one minute regret forking out for the spd automotive 2 piece discs. They have impressed me right from the start, and easily managed my trackday season. They don't even look worn at all yet, and I've definitely been much harder on them than I was any previous setup.

martinj46

Advanced Member
Much more powerful, but that could be down to the pads... Last year I was using mtec discs and ds2500. The discs were warping after every trackday. Now on the spd 2 piece discs and pagid rs29 pads. The pads were expensive, but are supposedly more of an endurance racing pad? They have phenomenal bite when hot, and still pretty good when cold. They squeal a lot on the road though, but like the discs, they don't appear to have worn down at all yet either.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
I have a friend that runs pagid. He loves them.

Ive ran oem with ds2500 and now mtecs with hawks hp+ and both have done this

Spoon_Sports_Europe

Parts Trader
mike.williams said:
I have a friend that runs pagid. He loves them.

Ive ran oem with ds2500 and now mtecs with hawks hp+ and both have done this

Both cases are where the pads have exceeded their operating temperature. You need to move to a better pad or increase cooling efficiency. When people experience this I recommend the use of a race pad on the track - like DIXCEL RA.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Thats what i thought. I have more ducting to fit.

Ive already ordered some PBS pads. Need to choose a disc.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've got TGM on mine and they make a hell of a difference.

Very well made too. Believe they're made by Mocal for TGM.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Bump for this thread, as there's a lot of good info.

I have bought the TGM BBK.

What pads have people been using on track with these and what is the specific caliper, is it the F50? And any differences in pads as I understand the discs used may be different to regular F50 discs hence need specific pads?

Linus27

Advanced Member
Chris, Tom is fitting Pagid RS pads as we speak to my TGM BBK. He highly recommends them and I think he said he runs them so Imngiving it a go for Donny :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Yeah I'm going to go for RS29 as he has them in stock. Used Carbotech XP10 on my Evo which were sublime, hope the Pagids perform!

Linus27

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Yeah I'm going to go for RS29 as he has them in stock. Used Carbotech XP10 on my Evo which were sublime, hope the Pagids perform!
Yeah, I'm hoping they are good. We going for who can brake the latest into the chicane then as we have the same set up lol

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Ha, maybe later on in the day, been a while since I've driven FWD in anger so it'll take some getting used to! Looking forward to it though, love thrashing a K20A engine. :)

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I'll be running RS29's in my new set up as well. AP5200 mitt 330mm. I should come to Donny for late braking heroics.

Did I tell you I'm getting new brakes?

Linus27

Advanced Member
Kevin85 said:
I'll be running RS29's in my new set up as well. AP5200 mitt 330mm. I should come to Donny for late braking heroics.

Did I tell you I'm getting new brakes?
Yay, Juan Hurts, Boost and Rainman DC5 and RS29 Fwends :)