Brake advice

Zara

Looking to replace disc and pads all round but unsure what to go for. Been looking at posts but just seeing what you use on track. I don't plan on taking car on track just want some good looking discs n pads that'll stop when I want too 😊

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hi Zara,

Welcome to the forum. Have a search for the likes of brake, disc, ferodo DS2500, ferodo DS2000, mintex 1144, AP, Tarox, MTEC, Motul RBF 600, yellow speed, TGM braided lines, TGM big brake kit, MTEC drilled and grooved, Brembo.

There, I've pretty much listed every possible brake connection to our cars for you. Should find all the info you need.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Mtec grooved disks all round with ds2500's up front and oem pads on rear

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
A few others one are Project MU and Stoptech as well along with Hawk pads and Carbon Lorraine pads.

Forgot about them. Can't offer you any track advice but some will pop along shortly and offer you support on that.

HTH

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
MTec brake discs are perfect. They are the Brembo discs with grooves and dimpled, whatever you want.
For the pads, have a look around at the forum. A lot of pads available for the DC5. Mintex, Ferodo, Project M[SIZE=10.5pt]µ[/SIZE] and Dixcel have good pads.

kazmo

Advanced Member
-james- said:
With those brakes and tyres, this must pull your face off Dave..
ha, i imagine these are very good, but way off budget for most people

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Honda-atr said:
MTec brake discs are perfect. They are the Brembo discs with grooves and dimpled, whatever you want.
For the pads, have a look around at the forum. A lot of pads available for the DC5. Mintex, Ferodo, Project Mµ and Dixcel have good pads.
You say mtecs brakes are brembo?

Is this true?

Why are they so cheap?

Rob R

Advanced Member
OEM brembo's are only £113 from Cox Motor Parts. So with the MTECs you're paying an extra £37 for some funky grooves, dimples, holes etc.

I've got a set of grooved going on the front tomorrow with DS2500's and fresh fluid.

martinj46

Advanced Member
I ran Mtec grooved and dimpled discs on the road before, they were fine, although no better than OEM. The grooves are really just an aesthetic thing, something I really noticed when swapping for the SPD automotive discs. They are proper functional grooves!

For the road though, I doubt you'll ever need more than OEM/mtec discs and Ferrodo DS2500 pads.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I'm running DBA 4000 discs with Ferrodo DS2500 pads up front. I didn't bother with upgrading the rears, just got new Honda discs at the back.

I can honestly say they're a great improvement on the stock discs, a lot more bite. It really depends on your budget, but the DBA 4000 are not too expensive.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Mike.A said:
I'm running DBA 4000 discs with Ferrodo DS2500 pads up front. I didn't bother with upgrading the rears, just got new Honda discs at the back.

I can honestly say they're a great improvement on the stock discs, a lot more bite. It really depends on your budget, but the DBA 4000 are not too expensive.
never heard of this make, have you had them on long, are they destroying pads or do they seem ok for the long run?

also where did you get them from, google isnt proving very useful lol

EDIT: seen they are around £250 a set... think i will stick to oem