Brake caliper lacquer

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Hi all.
Spoke to 'Alpha Coatings' in Chatham, Kent, today to try and buy a can of lacquer as suggested when I did a search on here. They told me that they didn't request to be put on our website, and even so, their minimum order is normally £75. If I wanted to buy one can I would have to pay an extra £10 which would total £30! Just to let you know incase anyone else was going to do the same. Does anyone know of any alternative places to purchase this lacquer. Alpha Coatings suggested Halfords, but I don't think they would do a lacquer to resist a high enough temperature :?:
If there was anyone else wanting to buy lacquer, maybe we could do a group buy from Alpha Coatings??

neil_integra

Advanced Member
I will have some and also in that same post there is a special cleaner preperation spray i will have a can of which i think you will need also to do a pucker job. so that willl be 4 cans of stuff you should only need a few people to break the 75 barrier.

Suped

Advanced Member
Be interested for a can as one side is real bad and could do with a fresh bit of laquer.

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
From what I gathered one can of lacquer costs approx £20. Whether they'll do it cheaper if we do a group buy I don't know. I don't know how much the preparation cleaner is but I'll ring them again tomorrow and I'll see what they can offer. Will post up what I find out tomorrow evening. :wink:

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Hi,
Sorry I havn't got back for a few days, my girlfriends phone line has been barred for some stupid reason so I can't get on the internet. I'm having to use the library at the moment. Anyway, I spoke to 'Alpha Coatings' and they quoted £9.95 for a litre of silicon cleaner and £15.95 for the can of lacquer. This works out as £30.43 inc. VAT. They will only deliver to one address so I'll get it sent to mine and then I'll send off individually. I'm guessing delivery costs for each package will cost me about £5 :?: to send to you so I will need £36 from those who want this. If anyone knows any different on delivery costs please let me know. Please make a list of those people who want this, so I can get an idea on numbers. Cheers,
Pete.

ollie-dc5

Advanced Member
Can of lacquer on itself will be £18.

At the moment then its:
1. Glitch
2. Andyd

I take it Glitch and Andyd want both the lacquer and the cleaner?
There's already enough here to make the £75, but I'll leave this thread open until Sunday 14th to see if anyone else wants this. How do you want to pay? I have internet banking if that helps??
Please state if you want just the lacquer or both.

Cheers, Pete.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Just the lacquer for me please:

1. Glitch
2. Andyd
3. Chief (lacquer)
4. BadBadtz (lacquer)