Brake disc options

Pursey

Hey,

Will be ordering Project Mu HC800's for the front and rear of my car, Will be used for road use and occasional track days. Was thinking about OEM discs front and rear? I there better options or will these be up to the job?

spooke

Advanced Member
I'm using Project Mu NS400 on OEM Brembo Discs and they seem to be a perfect combo, a little squeaky from cold sometimes. Think you'd be OK, Si from Hendys should be able to help.

Spoon_Sports_Europe

Parts Trader
DIXCEL PD rotors are a great alternative to OEM. If you are looking for an upgrade then you could go to the DIXCEL High Carbon Heat Treated rotors.

Either are available with slots - Slots add about 20% more braking performance but will increase pad wear by 30% on the road and 50% on the track. There will also be an increase in noise and dust.

Might also be worth considering the DIXCEL Z type pads, higher fade resistance then HC800. Or even the ES pads that are a lot cheaper. They have a fade resistance of over 650 degrees and behave impeccably on the road.

All listed here - https://www.burnmotorsport.com/products-309/honda/integra-dc5-453/product-type/brakes.html?SID=44a902de18bad8e0e00f5f40b3bc8d4a

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I had DBA 4000 discs fitted by TDI a while back and they're great for track and daily use

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
For the occasional track day then OEM ones are fine. Just remember to warm them up and cool them down properly and don't do more than 3 or 4 hot laps.

adam.

Advanced Member
I've got some grooved discs on mine, no idea what they are, they will have come from TGM during the previous owner's tenure.

I seem to have warped them.

It'd be good to have a sticky thread of known disc options...

adam.

Advanced Member
I have tried quite hard to remove any deposits, still getting quite the judder on track.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
What pads are you running on track?

Bad deposits can usually only be removed by a specific type of pad.

adam.

Advanced Member
Just some brembo ones, there were ds2500 in there before and they were just as bad.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Probably because you're using a street pad and running them beyond their operating temperature on track. Basically the pad overheats and then starts to break up unevenly on the disc.

Try some Pagid RS29 or similar with a skimmed disc or new ones.

adam.

Advanced Member
Any chance you know the Pagid pad shape for the RS29? Didn't realise they were available.

Used those on E46 M3's before, and they were mega.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Sorry I'm not sure, and I don't know if they go in the standard calipers but I'd imagine you can. Others are worth trying, such as Carbotech XP10, CL RC6 etc.

ijlh

Advanced Member
Anyone used the OEM equivalent Brembo or Pagid discs from euro car parts? do they fit? and what do they perform like?

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
ijlh said:
Anyone used the OEM equivalent Brembo or Pagid discs from euro car parts? do they fit? and what do they perform like?
I wasn't aware such things were available?

They had some good discounts online the other week, was going to order some EP3 Brembo rear pads as they were down to £17, I thought these were the only alternate parts euro were able to supply?

ijlh

Advanced Member
I had brembo discs on my FN2 and they handled the nurburgring and brands hatch comfortably. Just wondered if they fit okay, as its an import and they often get confused down at Euros... probably get some of these at some point

ijlh

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
I wasn't aware such things were available?

They had some good discounts online the other week, was going to order some EP3 Brembo rear pads as they were down to £17, I thought these were the only alternate parts euro were able to supply?
Yeah, i got some brembo pads for the rear the other day, only £15 with a discount code, fitted perfectly. twinned with some ProjectMu's up at the front :xgrin: