Brands Indy

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
No, didn't in the end Gord, I'll take a chance on the day and just hope it's not raining!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
No, didn't in the end Gord, I'll take a chance on the day and just hope it's not raining!

Tell the truth you didn't, because you only wanted to share with me!!! ;)

Gordon

Kevin85

Advanced Member
That's a pitty. Whenever I'm on my own I always feel bad asking to dump the bits and bobs from the car in someone elses garage.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
If there's spare on day we can always share, whoever gets there first.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry to have to report that I've cancelled my brands trip next week Kevin :(

My box just ain't playing ball and i'm getting very bad clutch drag causing my box to get a hammering. Going to Brands like this would be a miserable experience not to mention the damage it will be doing!

Good old MSV have offered me full credit for another MSV day as long as its booked in next 3 months!

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Ah, that's not good. Pull it out (hehe) and cure it's ailments at once!

I want a benchmark for the datsun, stop being so selfish

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I had fun, the car went well despite failing the flyby noise regs. Had to buy a baffle and cut my tanabe exhaust as it's a slash cut and the damn baffle wouldn't clamp onto it.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Kevin85 said:
I had fun, the car went well despite failing the flyby noise regs. Had to buy a baffle and cut my tanabe exhaust as it's a slash cut and the damn baffle wouldn't clamp onto it.
Ouch, this was one of my concerns that the flyby would kill me with the 3" system at high revs. Wonder if would've got on track at all now.

Gordon

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I was short shifting at 6-6.5 from 7.5 from then on because they weren't overly sympathetic and seemed a bit grumpy about it. It was still very high revs heel toe-ing into 2nd for druids, although not under load. They left me alone for the rest of the day though so the baffle done it's job.

Brands is such a great circuit, you would never think it by looking at the tiny map, all the corners are very technical.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Yeah was gutted that as bloody usual my injuries pop up and prevent me having fun lol

Hoping for croft with Rob S and maybe Coyote in July but failing that I'll be there for passenger rides and spectating ;)

Gordon

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I'll be having a 3inch made for the teg myself, although I'll be getting as many resonators in there as possible in an attempt to keep the db acceptable.

Kevin85

Advanced Member
My wrist isn't feeling too clever to be honest, brands on Wednesday and karting yesterday hasn't done it any favours..

Croft is 4hours from me :(

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Yeah it's down the road from me unlike brands which is a couple of hours away so handy for us up north

Gordon

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Yeah be a good crack think regs would kill me lol but I'd be up for coming to spectate/passenger run with a few of us

Rob S is keen on track this year and I know Coyotes always down ;)

Gordon

Kevin85

Advanced Member
Sweet, I plan on getting on track quite regularly with the teg so I'll always be up for a play as long as it's not too far.