Buddy Club Shifter Repair and Install.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Oh sorry Marc, miss read your post. Yes basically the same effect as the ktuned and hybrid racing ones....just alot cheaper

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
The short shifter will have no effect on a sloppy feel to your gearshift. All it does is lift cables which inturn will shorten the throw... Not tighten up the moving parts of a worn plastic shifter unit. If that makes sense? This should be the cure you are after if you have a "sloppy feel"...that or you are in need of some gearbox work. Hopefully the first though as thats where most of the wear and tear would be under hand. :)
Jimmer said:
Oh sorry Marc, miss read your post. Yes basically the same effect as the ktuned and hybrid racing ones....just alot cheaper
Nice one James!

Seems a nice little kit for the money, going to save up for the Hybrid Racing one but if I can't afford it I will likely go for a Tegiwa short shifter and K tuned billet arm combo.

Cheers.

Stuarty

Advanced Member

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
i have just bought a teg with the buddyclub shifter, and there is a lot of loose lateral movement when the car is in gear.

will the custom plastic bush thing fix this issue?

and where can i get them from?

cheers

Stuarty

Advanced Member
If you can get a custom bush then yes it will eliminate all the movement.

I ended up buying a standard shifter arm and fitted the K Tuned shifter pivot ball and spring to that then swapped it on to the buddy club shifter. It made a huge improvement but didn't eliminate it all.

I've no idea where you would get a custom bush made though.

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
Just a quick update on this. I have been to busy at work to get enough free time to get this done the way I wanted too.

But I have spoke to luke today and progressing this within the next week, I will be in touch when I have the parts.

Paul

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
They are finally here. I have managed to get a tool made for properly shaping the olive.

I have a total 8 for sale.

I didn't rush into making these as I wanted to make sure what I had made was going to fit it's purpose.

I just want it to be known that I have had one of these on my car for over a year (15000 miles) and have had no issue.

It's not say that as it is a moving part it maybe possible over time develop a level of wear.

The material it's made from is Delrin and this is a well known thermoplastic used in precision parts requiring high stiffness, low friction and excellent dimensional stability.

Ps I will be at japfest with Brophy if anyone wants to purchase one.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Thought I'd revive this instead of starting a new thread as it's all relevant.

Does anyone know if the MTEC pivot ball fits the Buddyclub short shifter?

Chewy

Advanced Member
Alexander0628 said:
Anyone know if brockstar89 still has these bushes? Can't seem to get him on the PM.
I'd be interested to know about this also.

I've recently tried the MTEC pivot ball, it fit's in the shifter arm but it not a good fit around the pin (internal ID too large) which increased play instead of reducing it.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Basically, they all seem to fail to different rates.

So the piece that brock makes might be perfect, or too small depending on how much wear your shifter has.

My old one was worn too much and it would not fix it.

Brocks piece he made is fantastic, but you can't make a generic fix as mentioned above the wear will be different.

After changing to oem shifter with tegiwa short shifter, the shift is much more precise and tight, and the throw is the same if not shorter.

So I would get rid and go for the above set up. As it is better than the buddyclub even was when it was working fine.

Oh and get a weighted knob if you haven't already

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
Hello all just seen this is being talked about again. I still have 8.

If you look at the buddclub shifter they have used a different material for the arm than they did for the pivot ball. The pivot ball is a material that seems to wear and the out housing does not. On mines any ways.

To say the tegiwa shifter is better as well I wouldn't say that's true. It's a nice alternative but it's not quite as tight as the BC.

As for yourself Alex. Brophy gave me your number so I will be in touch today probably.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
It might not be quite as tight, but it's 80-90% as good and it gives me none of the issues with loose play that the buddyclub would ever do, therefore I'm happier.

coolerking

Advanced Member
Tegiwa better than buddyclub...nope. Not even in some crazy alternate universe are tegiwa ever better than anyone else at anything.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
coolerking said:
Tegiwa better than buddyclub...nope. Not even in some crazy alternate universe are tegiwa ever better than anyone else at anything.
haha! compeltely agree about their usual standard of manufacturing, but this shfiter kit is actually fairly rugged.

and i didnt say its better, just that the BC ones will fail eventually, then again mine had probably done 50k miles as a daily at that point haha.

Brockstar89

Advanced Member
Everyone who pmd me I have sent the same message. Going to get some more made up as well. But these do take time as they are all made by hand.

Ps thanks Adam ;)

Paul