Buddyclub RBC or RRC?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Its just worrys me a bit that they have to be modified to run a throttle cable.
I thought it was a case of either using an adapter plate between the RRC and the TB or to use a blanking plate on the TB and turn off iacv in kpro?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I did wonder how you get around no IACV. If you can get it to work though, no IACV is enough of a selling point on its own!

b19twg

Advanced Member
True you'll never have to clean it ever again. It mite be work speaking to tdi north as they've fitted a few to tegs over the last year.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Guessing Kpro is a must then before buying this.

Have read you can get away with an RBC prior to a map in most cases although to get the full affect obviously a map is still needed. Don't think I'll be doing inlet til exhaust system is done first I guess.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I seem to be spending all of my my money on getting mine to drive nicely rather than any mods!

Going to have to do a bit more testing on the diff over the weekend as it seems to want to pull be all over the place! Going to lift the front and see how the wheel rotation goes I think. Not sure if its just that its an uprated plate diff in there or if the standard one is locked. Just had to replace drivers side driveshaft but after reading a few other posts about knackered LSD's it may well chew through a few of them if its the standard LSD that's had its day. This could start getting an expensive habit!

Just got a quote on a Quaife plus Labour at £1110! :xno:

Guess I'll have to see how this next drive shaft handles things before jumping in and spending that kind of money.

George K

Advanced Member
Couple of points about the RRC - I bought mine directly through a very helpful UK main dealer at a sensible price - for the IACV, Karcepts in the States make a reasonably priced adaptor with a by pass machined into it. At a recent visit to TDI north, Paul did some further work on the map and the end result is very pleasing with excellent mid range.

rascal69

Advanced Member
Couple of points about the RRC - I bought mine directly through a very helpful UK main dealer at a sensible price - for the IACV, Karcepts in the States make a reasonably priced adaptor with a by pass machined into it. At a recent visit to TDI north, Paul did some further work on the map and the end result is very pleasing with excellent mid range.
Where you buy from? What tb you using I need to get them ordered so I can get my car mapped. Last piece to the puzzle :)

b19twg

Advanced Member
Do you know if the ones from tegiwa are ready to fit? Are you running a 70mm throttle body with this?

George K

Advanced Member
I bought from the local dealer in Newbury, but am sure that David at Steeles should be able to help, and ordered the adaptor directly from Karcepts. Sorry but can't remember if TDI had to adapt it - am running standard TB as I need good mid range response for hill climbing.

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
Sorry to butt in... but can anyone tell me what's the advantage about the RRC over a ready 70mm ported RBC? i mean apart from being more expensive and no IACV and more difficult to fit? does it really worth the hassle? :xconfused:

b19twg

Advanced Member
They're circa 470 quid from a dealer plus the carcepts adaptor is 50 quid then a 70mm body on top 300 quid its getting into serious money.

niallbrady

Take a look at this lads

http://www.superstreetonline.com/techarticles/sstp_1002_k_series_intake_manifold_shootout/viewall.html