Buddyclub rca (Roll center adjusters)

hondazzz

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
I was a little worried you'd have already gone and bought them and you'd be cursing me!
Just my experience with them mate.
Haha,no,not yet mate!!

davidpingu

Advanced Member
They're meant to be pretty reasonable. Tom at TGM gave me a ball park figure of £160ish from him but having seen both brands he thinks the J's ones look better quality. They are what he uses on their race cars anyway.

Rom

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
What do these do exactly?
They essentially help to correct the lower arm angle.
When you lower the car, the subframe (so bottom arm inner mounts) move closer to the floor.
The hub stays the same, so the angle of the bottom arm has changed. Drastically when lowered a lot.

By fitting extended ball joints, you making the hub end of the arm sit lower. Restoring some of the angle lost by lowering.

It's a lot more technical, with geometry playing a big part in suspension design.
They just try and return the angles closer to oem. Where the car was designed to work.
Lowering a car can actually make the roll center worse. It's not a simple lower = handles better.

If none of that makes sense. Hold your arm in front of you, like your karate chopping your chest with your thumb.
Your elbow is the wheel. Hand is subframe end of arm.
Raise and lower your hand keeping elbow still.
That's the effect ride height has on bottom arm angles.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Rom said:
They essentially help to correct the lower arm angle.
When you lower the car, the subframe (so bottom arm inner mounts) move closer to the floor.
The hub stays the same, so the angle of the bottom arm has changed. Drastically when lowered a lot.

By fitting extended ball joints, you making the hub end of the arm sit lower. Restoring some of the angle lost by lowering.

It's a lot more technical, with geometry playing a big part in suspension design.
They just try and return the angles closer to oem. Where the car was designed to work.
Lowering a car can actually make the roll center worse. It's not a simple lower = handles better.

If none of that makes sense. Hold your arm in front of you, like your karate chopping your chest with your thumb.
Your elbow is the wheel. Hand is subframe end of arm.
Raise and lower your hand keeping elbow still.
That's the effect ride height has on bottom arm angles.
Ahhhh, didn't know that.

Nice one mate thank you for the detailed explanation, that makes a lot more sense.

big-pete

Advanced Member
sorry to bring up a thread from 2014, but anyone reviewed these?? im undecided between the buddyclub/tegiwa/jays/hardrace items. im swaying towards the buddyclubs but is it honestly worth while??

Fez

Advanced Member
big-pete said:
sorry to bring up a thread from 2014, but anyone reviewed these?? im undecided between the buddyclub/tegiwa/jays/hardrace items. im swaying towards the buddyclubs but is it honestly worth while??
I've had mine on for over a year with no problems.
I'd personally go for BC or j's, tegiwa and hardrace are both made by hardrace, i've personally seen too many failures with hardrace stuff so I would never run them nor reccomend them.

Marky.

I have just been looking into the ball joint issue this last week. There was so much conflicting info on what should fit and what to fit depending on car height.
I had ordered some Hardrace front ball joints from RHD performance only to find that they were too small, advertised to fit EP3/ RSX before 05/ DC5 Type R.

The ball joint from the car is 43.5mm diameter compared to the 40mm supplied. This is down to some confusion between the USDM and JDM DC5 differences.

Anyway, the Hardrace ball joints are a good replacement for OEM and have a good reputation. If you‘re car is lowered significantly then perhaps RCA‘s would be more suitable. But if you don‘t need them the Hardrace should be a decent replacement for ~£64.

I‘ll be getting the correct size delivered and fitted next week so can update more then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marky.

Fez said:
I'd personally go for BC or j's, tegiwa and hardrace are both made by hardrace, i've personally seen too many failures with hardrace stuff so I would never run them nor reccomend them.
What Hardrace stuff have you seen fail, just out of interest?

big-pete

Advanced Member
Marky. said:
What Hardrace stuff have you seen fail, just out of interest?

+1 ive just got some HR drop links to replace my honda ones.

big-pete

Advanced Member
Fez said:
swinging towards the BCs tbh.