Can someone please take on an M3 in there DC5

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Was on the Bristol ring road last night taking my freshly valeted car for a spin, ended up sat side by side with an M3, he gave me the obvious "it on" look and proceeded to destroy me until he was a mere spec in my front windscreen rather than my rear windscreen which was the preferable idea I had in mind.

Made me think, even with a supercharged DC5 would this be able to take an M3 on in a straight line?????

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Should have bought a skyline. Hondas are slow.

Got blew away by a 5 series diesel in my dc2..

George657

Advanced Member
a supercharged DC5 would have the legs on an M3 (providing were not talking about the V8) on acceleration. I think the M3 would crawl passed after 140mph though.

Coming from a non biased opinion. Iv owned a 420bhp Focus RS and have recently purchased a supercharged DC5. The DC5's key areas are acceleration and cornering nothing else. Unless your JDMFresh and have a turbo the size of my head strapped to it lol.

Fez

Advanced Member
The older 3.2 e46 m3 my h22civic (220hp, 1020kg at the time)used to leave m3's for fun. So i can't imagine it being that hard for a tuned dc5 to do it. But stock for stock, the dc5 wont have much chance i wouldn't have thought

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
If you look at Dan Morley's clips on Youtube (Dan Coyote) on here. Type in DC5 Anglesey and you will find it.

He had a go against one a few weeks back on track and not much in it.

At the end of the day larger displacement is always going to beat a car with a much smaller engine, one is a 3l or 3.2 and the other a 2l. It's the exact same as a DC5 smoking a Micra lol so I wouldn't be too torn if I got left for dead by one as it's the way it is.

I got smoked by a Porsche a few weeks back, no contest but was funny nonetheless. As above there are quicker cars than the DC5 and Honda's in general sadly but that's not the only reason why we drive them.

We drive them because they have soul, they rev to 9k and not many Supercars do that. They sound great, generally handle well but we'd be kidding ourselves if we say they're the be all and end all, they're not.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Last time i was at anglesey i reeled two e46 m3 in. Then they let me past.

One was setup for track but its hugely dependant on the driver of the m3 as they are definitely a quicker car

mil1lion

Advanced Member
Be realistic, for the cost of the new M3 you wouldn't expect to keep up even in a fully tuned DC5. The new Civic is closer to the cost so would be interested in seeing what potential that has with some Hondata treatment. Having said that if I had the money for an M3 I'd go for the GTR all day long anyway. The older M3 on the other hand I think the DC5 would out-corner it.

beppe786

Beppe
752bhp Remapped M6 V8 Twinturbo 1750kg = Price 65k car
800bhp Tuned Lamborghini Aventador weight 1500kg = Price 300k car

431bhp Dc5 Turbo 1200kg = Price 15k car

dc5 wasn't far behind both.. up to 120

what a machine is dc5 is.. Price,handing,running costs, daily driven.. can't beat it..

DC5RS

DC5
Seen (if you search on YouTube) a DC5 beating an M3 CSL twice. This was before moving at the 120MPH which I think the M3 will of course win.

DC5 was N/A

integraleo

Advanced Member
I pushed a tuned 3.2 m3 uphill in my supercharged dc5. His was tuned to 350 ish hp but I had him. There wasn't another lane to overtake but if there was I could of

Fez

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
I pushed a tuned 3.2 m3 uphill in my supercharged dc5. His was tuned to 350 ish hp but I had him. There wasn't another lane to overtake but if there was I could of
I thought They are 340 standard?

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I think Dan (coyote) raced a mate with an e46 m3, and they were pretty much side by side. That's with 270ish hp and a 5.46 FD.

Indi

Advanced Member
I have had a play with two E92 M3's one of them being on track at Donington park I pulled away from both :)

Brecht

Advanced Member
Had some fun with 2 e46 m3's on Spa , had them both with 246bhp.
don't really know what mods they had,maybe just an uprated catback and intake from what i could hear.
Depends on who is driving but with a good driver they should be faster i guess