Can someone please take on an M3 in there DC5

ferret

tbh on be gutted if i owned an m3 and got spanked by a dc5. its not like dc5s are fast in a straight line

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
I thought I should share this footage of me chasing my mate's E46 M3 on the Autobahn heading to the Nurburgring last month.
Car is running 266bhp with a 5.1 Final drive topped out 149mhp (GPS speed), 160mph on the clock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gROueZBgkFY

type_r_baby

the driver would play a big part in any race. However if both cars are stock then then M3 would annihilate a DC5 on the straight and it would also do the DC5 in the corners, however if either car is modified then the world is your oyster and all that!

spooke

Advanced Member
I was 1 second faster than an M3 E46 at Bedford West Circuit. Didn't get any video of it though, but he definitely had the edge on the straights.

type_r_baby

spooke said:
I was 1 second faster than an M3 E46 at Bedford West Circuit. Didn't get any video of it though, but he definitely had the edge on the straights.
you obviously have bigger balls going round bends!!

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
If you put a professional driver in each at the same track and asked him to do a quickest lap.

I fail to see how a standard dc5 would beat an e46 in the corners or straights.

Even with suspension mods a dc5 would maybe be just as good as the e46, but would still lose seconds on the straights.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Kevin85

Advanced Member
I have met many m3's on all different tracks. From Brands to Spa.. The only BMW's I've met that are faster than me in my jdm sewing machine are some of the ones found lapping the nurburgring.

They're great cars no doubt, but you have to be a serious driver to extract the most from them.

Kellsled

Advanced Member
Seen two fellas in town near me race, one in dc5 with bolt ins and mapped to 250 or so against a m3 with I take and super sprint exhaust and was side by side right to the dc5s limiter. I was lagging behind in a r33 gtst skyline with a very bad map at the time haha