Car crashed :( Photos added

Vtequila

Dutchy
Good thing you are okay and some parts are able to be repaired :) hopefully you wont get any more bad luck!

Is it possible to get a compensation through your insurance ?

Stoo

Whining.....
Glad to hear you're ok mate.

Regarding the airbag, it won't always go off.
It depends on the severity of deceleration. There are sensors up front, and also sensors in the airbag control unit.

If you weren't going that fast, and any impact wasn't very harsh, it won't automatically go off.

wj51fut

Advanced Member

If you see above the washer bottle is a bit that looks like a barcode. That's the SRS sensor for the left side. Same position on the right. As you can see it is quite far back.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Hard luck on the accident, cant imagine how sickening it must feel. Looks ok, I reckon the muck makes it looks worse. As said it could have been a way worse though, the fact you can save the bonnet is a huge plus. Can the front lip be repaired? No damage to the front of the side skirt either. Only thing to look out for there is the frame around the light could be buckled, the area in the picture posted by Gok, don't know how to replace that. The other bits are a simple bolt off and bolt back on the replacement ones (by the looks of it), I have had all of those parts on and off my car a few times (including the front wings).

Stoo

Whining.....

If you see above the washer bottle is a bit that looks like a barcode. That's the SRS sensor for the left side. Same position on the right. As you can see it is quite far back.
The sensor doesn't have to actually physically be hit to send a crash signal.

It's a capacative accelerometer. It senses deceleration.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
Not nice seeing that but at least your ok and it is repairable, on another note did you get the reg off the car with the bright HIDs ? I had a similar experience (with no damage though) country lane bright HIDs on coming i pulled to the side and put the car (my 306 as the Teg doesnt go on those roads this time of year) on the bank, managed to get the reg as it past me, following day had a word with a copper about it and gave him the reg pat the car a few days ago with proper lights on the front :)

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear about the crash, glad your ok tho. Car looked really good at the bristol meet, hope to see it back to its former glory soon

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Glad you're ok mate

As long as the car is driving straight I wouldn't worry. Get a new bumper and wing and you will be back up and running in no time.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i cant believe its written off, weve come back from track days with more damage than that, whoever buys that will put it back on the road, i would bet there is no structural damage there.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Too much hassle trying to sort getting the car back from insurance and could take weeks to sort, so decided to cut my losses and have bought the scooby. Not all bad as I will have over 4k in the bank and a 4WD to go to work which is definitely beneficial for a daly driver at this time of year, being driven over the mountain and country roads which get ice and snow.

Okay here's a quick list of the parts and prices I've managed to get from the car. There will also be postage on top which should be minmal.

I will post a full thread with pics in for sale section when I'm off work tomorrow, but feel free to message me if you're interested in anything.

Mugen airbox with filter cleaning kit, 5Zigen cold air intake, rubber connecting pipe, hose clips and Tegiwa poly hose as a lot and looking for £300. Airbox alone is worth this and the 5Zigen intake is like rocking horse excrement, doubt you could even get one now. They work really well together and provide good gains without the loud induction noise.

Mugen front strut brace in perfect condition £100
Cusco 4 pt Strut brace, replaces black oem brace £80
Red "R" battery tie bar £20
Wind delectors £60 (Passenger side possibly sold)
CF plug cover with Mugen sticker £30
"Very Special" purple/blue weighted gear knob £25
Very good condition full blue mat set £80

If anybody wants a brand new spacesaver spare wheel, message me and i can remove this tomorrow as it will probably be my last chance to get anything off it.

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
Mate if you manage to get the windscreen I'd have it from you as I need one!

Also interested in the cusco brace. Pm me