Car's at TGM, getting her back next week! See P5-6

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
No Archie, no courtesy car, but as I don't need a car it's no big deal for me. Just when I go shopping I'll have to hound one of my mates.

I'm going away with work for 3 weeks on Monday so that will kill some of the wait.
SpaceMonkey said:
:shock: :(

Feck me Chris, thats a fair bump then mate
I don't know what's going to be repaired and what will be fixed, but it doesn't take much for a few things to need repair.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Estimate is coming in at 3-4k including parts, paint and labour. Labour and paint is only about 800, the rest is parts.

New bumper.
New splitter.
New bonnet.
New side panel.
New cross member.
New aircon rad and some pipes.
New piping for steering reservoir.
New wheel arch liner.
New headlight mounting.
New headlight.
New splash guard.

Think that's about it...

Door needs touch up. Think that's about it. I'm pretty wounded tbh, but at least it'll have no stone chips when I pick it up :lol: Oh well, one can only laugh. I got hammered yesterday to make me feel better (not the wisest thing but it worked).

Any idea how much this will knock off the re-sale? I'll keep a full receipt of the work naturally.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
After TGM's work it shouldnt be noticable so you dont need to tell any future sellers....unless they come on here and do a search!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
After TGM's work it shouldnt be noticable so you dont need to tell any future sellers....unless they come on here and do a search!
It would come up on a HPI check shouldn't it?

dan the man

Advanced Member
End of the day no suspension parts need replacing, its only cosmetic stuff so take lots of detauils pictures before and after. And when resale comes u openj and honest about it anyone with sense could tell it was a minor accident thats been properly repaird.

Bad luck, its a horrible feeling when it happens :shock: :(

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
AdrianK said:
I saw it down there today, doesnt look too bad chris, as said just cosmetics mainly.
I've not seen it since after the accident. Did you get any pics?

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Have to agree doesnt look too bad at all, just cosmetic damage primarily chris!

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Harryr34 said:
out of interest do UK honda dealers sell parts for the dc5 or do they have to be imported?
Most parts can be bought at your local Honda dealer...if not, they can be ordrered from David Johnson at Steels Honda Hereford and can be here very quickly HTH

dan the man

Advanced Member
To be honest Dave is far better as knows his stuff so easy over the phone. He is used to the parts for DC5s by now..i ordered some indicators at 2PM and they arrived next day first thing :shock: