Changing an item and requiring a full remap?

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Re: Changing and item and full remap?

coyote_dc5 said:
I had my map done by SPD originally which they left open. Then i took it to TDi to have it remapped and then all of a sudden the ECU was protected :roll: :xconfused:

I'm back there again on Fri so will ask if he can unprotect or keep protected and provide me with the KAL file.
Hey let me know what they said, I've been literally told no... as asked if I can have the map done so I can get it altered elsewhere closer to me down south... reply was...

"I am prepared to send a copy of the calibration to TDi South in Thurrock so you can get it re-calibrated there and save you the journey and costs incurred but its not company policy to release maps."

Stoo

Whining.....

You have paid for that map.
It is your property.

ps2lord5

Advanced Member

Stoo said:
You have paid for that map.
It is your property.

This,

TDI north have no reason to protect the map, you have paid them for there work the map is yours!!

VT-Doo

RushDoo
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Until you have YOUR map, your K-Pro is useless for anything other than datalogging.

dave h-b

Did you ever manage to get them to release the map to you? Pretty wierd of a tuner to not allow you access to it. I know its an old thread, but came across it when i was searching and i am just interested to know what they did.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
It seems common practice for tuners to lock kpro and not provide the map.
I am in the process of possibily having a retune by another mapper but will be wanting the map since if I happen to need a retune for a different mod, I might not be able to go back to the same place.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
The reason they lock the map is that cause they dont want you too mess with it an come back with a broken car.

Though i can imagine they dont want people to share the maps.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
It's your responsibility if you upload the map with changes so the tuner should not worry about being held against it.

I prefer to have the map so you can see where you are when doing a datalog.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Yeh, i know, but i still like to see whats happening with the fuel and ignition values. More so at the moment anyway til I get my map sorted

dave h-b

As in what values are being called upon at a given moment
I understand what your saying, its just kinda nice to watch the numbers and see them change :xgrin: . I have only ever had 2 kpro'd cars, but both times the map was released to me, just did not know others would lock it down, but i can understand why.