Complete beginner looking for help!

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
I think condition will be the most important thing to me when I look now, however I am slightly worries about resale if I buy at 100K and then keep it for 3 Years and then try and sell at 125K+, I imagine I'm going to struggle to sell it and will probably loose loads of money on it?

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
I just hope I have asked enough questions to have the sense to sniff the bad ones out! 😋

muffinman

Advanced Member
When i was originally going to get a dc5 about 7-8 years ago they were still selling at the same kind of money as they are now, so if anything prices will only increase for the tidy ones regardless of mileage

spooke

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
I think condition will be the most important thing to me when I look now, however I am slightly worries about resale if I buy at 100K and then keep it for 3 Years and then try and sell at 125K+, I imagine I'm going to struggle to sell it and will probably loose loads of money on it?
You're not gonna lose more than if you bought a Corsa or something equivalently crap :D

As above, prices are holding strong. Definitely hold out for the one you want, generally though these cars are going to have their minor imperfections - as long as it has a solid engine and no rust it's all fixable.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
haha, i would definitley rather loose money on a DC5 than a bloody corsa!

Ok, interesting to know you guys think that!

Im gunna bag myself one in good condition and good engine and just look after it like a baby!

Darren4

Advanced Member
Looks like the newly imported on is right on your doorstep, cracking result and defo worth you going to view :)

integraleo

Advanced Member
Bought mine with 78k on it 5 year's ago for 7000. In today's market with 129k on it if it was still standard in the condition it was it was still worth 5500 all day long. I wouldn't say that was a big loss. Sold my dc2 2000 spec rx around 6 years ago for 6000....seen it come up for sale last year for 5500. Tegs hold their money reeeaaallllyyy well,never fear depreciation on this type of car

p1tse

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Yeah!

Gunna go check it out!

😁
Let us know what you think, but local standard one, near budget, near fresh import sounds like a good combo for you.

However as a new driver, it may not be the easiest car to drive to avoid kerbs on wheels and front lip; so need to think ahead more on speed bumps, tight areas like multi storey car parks, sharper banks etc.

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Thanks for the tips!

I've been trying to drive ultra cautiously these last few days to try and prepare myself for it!

I just need to take it slow for a while lol

And thanks for the reply on the depreciation, I wasn't to worries but had a lot of people tell me I was foolish, but im glad you guys think they'll hold relatively well!

p1tse

Advanced Member
The people who are foolish I would imagine drive an average joe car

These are enthusiast cars so condition and history will always win people over

Take a ford focus at 2002 same age, then yes these have hit bottom prices, sub £1k and you can probably pick up a 2.0 Zetec.

But check the bottom prices of dc5, at the same age range and probably cost the similar new to a focus, then bottom prices for these are at £6k. May see some at £5k but are ropey or need a bit of tlc. Some even many more miles could still be at £8-9k due to the history and condition in my eyes

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
Yeah the history is what I'm wanting to see!

I viewed 2 yesterday and it was very interesting!

The first one was pretty awefull sadly, poor condition, slight rust under arches, clearly been sat up a while, no service history, clock showed 151k with no proof of km - mph, and there is no proof of when it was imported, so a giant no on that one!

Second one I viewed, well, I have fallen in love!

A Japanese history the size of a book, and full UK service history since it was imported in April 14,

Got taken out for a test drive and she goes beautifully, no knocks, no blue smoke, just a lovely vtec symphony!

Very clean inside, all peripherals working, full c pack with push button start and no mods, which is exactly what I wanted!

Body work is stunning for a car from 03, no rust anywhere including engine bay and spare wheel holder, and even still got the import stickers, which is a touch I quite liked.

All in all pretty much spot on!

Now all I have to do is convince the misses I can afford it! Haha

With any luck I will be driving it back next weekend!

If not I have learnt exactly what I want, anything below the standard of this one would be disappointing now!

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
DC5Noob said:
Yeah the history is what I'm wanting to see!

I viewed 2 yesterday and it was very interesting!

The first one was pretty awefull sadly, poor condition, slight rust under arches, clearly been sat up a while, no service history, clock showed 151k with no proof of km - mph, and there is no proof of when it was imported, so a giant no on that one!

Second one I viewed, well, I have fallen in love!

A Japanese history the size of a book, and full UK service history since it was imported in April 14,

Got taken out for a test drive and she goes beautifully, no knocks, no blue smoke, just a lovely vtec symphony!

Very clean inside, all peripherals working, full c pack with push button start and no mods, which is exactly what I wanted!

Body work is stunning for a car from 03, no rust anywhere including engine bay and spare wheel holder, and even still got the import stickers, which is a touch I quite liked.

All in all pretty much spot on!

Now all I have to do is convince the misses I can afford it! Haha

With any luck I will be driving it back next weekend!

If not I have learnt exactly what I want, anything below the standard of this one would be disappointing now!
Sounds good mate, get it bought, convince the Mrs later :)

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
It's been a long conversation, but......

I'm in!

I cannot wait!

Looks like I'll be a very happy man come this time next week!

😁😁😁😁

Once again, thanks to everyone for there help and advice!

I will post some pics up when I've got her! Just gotta think of a name now!

DC5Noob

Advanced Member
It already is a long week! Haha

It is the one off the forum!

I'm gunna go check it out again tommorow and then if I'm happy, (which I'm sure I will be) just need to be sure! Then she's mine!

Will have to wait for the weekend tho!