Crashed my DC5

J1mmy_S

Last night i crash my dc5 in the rain aqua plained on the by-pass and it rolled. Cant beleive i walked out of it. Everyone has said its a total credit to the build qualiy of it!

mikegsi

Staff member
not very good news mate, any pics by chance?

going a little too fast for teh conditions were we sir?

main thing is no one was hurt though, got any mods for sale :wink:

Raffe

Advanced Member
PMSL at the vulture, your as bad as the Dc2 lot :lol: :wink:

Sorry to hear this but sounds like you were not driving according to the conditions sadly :(

Project

Advanced Member
All of 4 minutes for you jump on the parts :lol:
Sorry to hear this mate, hope your not in too much physical pain

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Unlucky mate. Mian thing is you and no one else was hurt.
Chin up, you sound like you've had an extremely lucky escape. Got any pics to see how it took in the accident?

Cheers
Wardy

tedg

Advanced Member
good to hear you are OK

I had some heart stopping moments yesterday in some proper deep standing water - teg seems quite bad for this at the mo

dotty

Advanced Member
I found the teg quite planted in the rain yesterday, I was coming down the M1 and there were plenty of patches of deep water but it seemed to handle fine, Certainly better than my EP3 seemed to do.

tedg

Advanced Member
probably tyres and my attitude at the time - was in a bad mood :evil:

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Unlucky mate :cry: , rain was really bad last night, mine was aquaplanning quite badly down the dual carriageway too, have got decent tread on the tyres, and wasn't doing stupid speeds either.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Does the LSD make it worse in these conditions? I image if one wheel is aqua-planing and the other isn't it'll get a bit active?!

Cheers
Wardy

timp

Advanced Member
J1mmy_S said:
Last night i crash my dc5 in the rain aqua plained on the by-pass and it rolled. Cant beleive i walked out of it. Everyone has said its a total credit to the build qualiy of it!
Sucks mate, bet your gutted about the car but happy you got out.

Mine is twithy in the rain too just another reason to never take it out in it.

What you gonna do now? hope you have insurance :!:

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear that, this is exactly how my S2000 came to rest in a motorway barrier. It's the fat tyres and the tread pattern - what kind of tyres did you have on? I've find the Continentals to be very good in the wet (and dry for that matter). The LSD doesn't help either as when one wheel loses grip the other will try and compensate which can help throw the car off balance.

stoddie

Advanced Member
sorry to hear that mate.....

metal can be repaired - however sometimes broken bones cant!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Ouch mate, nasty! Glad you're OK though.

I hope you don't mind but I re-hosted the pics as not everyone has a MySpace account.

G4Z

Im really sorry to here about this mate :( . Glad your ok :)

The car looks really good for saying it has been rolled 8)

mikegsi

Staff member
holy "!£$

i dont have a myspace account so couldnt see the pics, cheers chris fr hosting them!

jeez, thats a mess