Custom Exhaust Size with Supercharger

beppe786

Beppe
im getting a custom exhaust made up i have a choice of or 2.5in or 3in pipe. which do you think would be better?

my car soon will be supercharged using a Jackson supercharger im hoping around 320hp i think that's the max from one of these..

spoke to Romain at euro spec said best gains with custom exhaust, i asked if i kept my mugen twin loop with the charger he said they had an ep3 with that exhaust and it made still made 290hp

might have have the mugen twin loop for sale soon lovely sound dont know what to do

anyone who has supercharged there teg help on advice.. thanks in advance

Jon_ep3ctr

Advanced Member
I'm pretty sure the twin loop will restrict the gasses slightly great exhausts though prob my favourite

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
I think you'll need a smaller supercharger pully or larger k20a2 crank pully to make that sort of power at eurospec. There rollers are renowned for giving slightly lower power figures. Exhaust wise a 3inch system would be ideal but often loud. I run a fujitsubo rm01a which is slightly smaller but still made 290 at 6psi

I've myself since purchased a mercracing auto tensioner bracket and a2 crank pully which should see 300.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I'd have said 3", put it this way, is a N/A K20 can make more power with a 3" exhaust over a 2.5" one I'm sure your Supercharged K20 will make even more power.

It will be loud, but it will be awesome.

jcdc5

Advanced Member
I have a spare 3.2 pulley and merc bracket if any is interested

I should be getting my car back on Wednesday from TGM finally after 11 and half weeks !!

beppe786

Beppe
9psi is enough or jackson will run too hot..

ive got a oil cooler ordered going on as well 19 row, and discs and brakes tires upgraded too

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
You should be fine with 9spi. The charger itself runs fine at those pressures. The limiting factor is our high compression k20a. Wouldn't go any more without cooling though.

Not sure if it's a typo but a 3.4 pully will only provide 7psi max. It's the 3.2 that jdc5 has to produce 9 👍

I'm interested to see if you hit your target. Keep us informed.

Oil cooler is a good idea also. 19row should be fine. Baffled sump also if your thinking of hitting the track

beppe786

Beppe
The car it came off made 321hp at 9psi so must be 3.2in pulley.. with a fujitsubo power getter exhaust buddy club mani gruppem and oil cooler. Maped at eurospec by romain..

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
Go for a 3inch system and see if you can squeeze a couple extra ponies.

Are you planning on doing trackdays? If you run a mid box I'd say you should still be under 105db even with no cat.

I've also heard oval boxes are quieter than round ones. My buddy had to do this with his turbo'd s2k as his wife didn't like how loud it was.

beppe786

Beppe
No track days its my daily drive, i think im going with 3in with two silencers mid and back to keep noise down.. hope its not a overkill as the fujitsubo exhausts are not even 2.5in

jcdc5

Advanced Member
Mine will be at euro spec on Wednesday for mapping.
I've got a larger merc jrsc inlet and 74mm throttle body

I can't wait too

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
jcdc5 said:
Mine will be at euro spec on Wednesday for mapping.
I've got a larger merc jrsc inlet and 74mm throttle body

I can't wait too
About time James 👍

integraleo

Advanced Member
Im at eurospec on Tuesday as soon as I finish getting my 3" exhaust system from solid fabrication

davidpingu

Advanced Member
integraleo said:
Im at eurospec on Tuesday as soon as I finish getting my 3" exhaust system from solid fabrication
Keen to know how you get on mate. I've been wanting to do the same thing but haven't decided who to use yet. How much choice in design do you get?

Been considering the TDI system too but would like more of a personalised design for the rear section. I. E titanium or at least titanium looking

integraleo

Advanced Member
davidpingu said:
Keen to know how you get on mate. I've been wanting to do the same thing but haven't decided who to use yet. How much choice in design do you get?
Been considering the TDI system too but would like more of a personalised design for the rear section. I. E titanium or at least titanium looking
Will find out when I get there lol,for me it's more about what noise I get rather than how it looks to be honest. After all unless you regularly get down on your hands and knees it's not that visible. I did ask about getting the burnt tip effect and he said he can do that but if I dont keep it clean it can turn brown in colour. My main concern is volume and I've asked for it to be no louder than around 105db,at first I said 100 until he informed me that is possible with the 3" system but would require a rear silencer about same size as OEM.

wayne_teggy

Advanced Member
I have a 3.4" supercharger pulley with a k20a2 lower crank pulley . I run a custom full 3" exhaust system with an aem v2 and mine made 285 whp @ 8.8 psi
An after cooler soon will be purchased and tweaked again when mase is down :)