Custom Exhaust Size with Supercharger

beppe786

Beppe
wayne_teggy said:
I have a 3.4" supercharger pulley with a k20a2 lower crank pulley . I run a custom full 3" exhaust system with an aem v2 and mine made 285 whp @ 8.8 psi

An after cooler soon will be purchased and tweaked again when mase is down :)
How much is that at the fly about 325hp ??

cooler ive heard is expensive for not much gain

wayne_teggy

Advanced Member
Tdi north have been getting some really good gains I've heard from the after coolers, just means you can run higher boost and keep temps down = more power .

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I run a custom 3" system with 1 silencer with my JRSC and was a big improvement over my Spoon setup

i also have a 3.4" SC Pulley & a K20a2 crank pulley, made 288.2bhp @ the wheels roughly 340bhp at the flywheel.

beppe786

Beppe
leejw87 said:
I run a custom 3" system with 1 silencer with my JRSC and was a big improvement over my Spoon setup
i also have a 3.4" SC Pulley & a K20a2 crank pulley, made 288.2bhp @ the wheels roughly 340bhp at the flywheel.
What intake you using? Im using a aem cai this will need to be changed aswell I think..

Does changing crank would be the same as putting a smaller pulley on the jrsc right?

wayne_teggy

Advanced Member
It's a much cheaper way then buying a smaller pulley for the jrsc . I payed £25 for the lower crank pulley rather then the 3.2" at around £90-£100

dave c

400hp K20
Who's doing your system then? 3inch is a good shout, the free'er flowing the better with forced induction.

beppe786

Beppe
dave c said:
Who's doing your system then? 3inch is a good shout, the free'er flowing the better with forced induction.
going Top Gear garage in just outside aylesbury for the system been quoted around 350 to 450 but he needs to see it

once i have the exhaust sorted then ill put the jackson on. then upgrade the intake to a cai but 3" piping might have to be a custom job,

pudski

Advanced Member
Have the 3.4" charger pulley on mine and was running at 7.8 psi till I put on the buddy club pro-spec exhaust. Now running at 6.8 psi where it should be for the set up.
Been using the jr tensioner since it was installed nearly 7 years ago and have just done my first belt change a few weeks ago. Now have the mercracing bracket to put oem tensioner back on, so might change for a smaller pulley.

Ezza

Advanced Member
So you decided to supercharge your car rather than sell it? Its a option i did consider :)

leejw87

Spoon Whore
beppe786 said:
What intake you using? Im using a aem cai this will need to be changed aswell I think..

Does changing crank would be the same as putting a smaller pulley on the jrsc right?
Ive got a Gruppe M intake on mine

3.4" sc pulley + K20 crank pulley = 7psi
3.4" sc pulley + K20a2 crank pulley = 8psi
3.2" sc pulley + K20 crank pulley = 9psi

And as wayne said crank pulley is a cheaper and easier alternative to getting abit more power over changing the supercharger pulley.

beppe786

Beppe
I already have a 3.2in sc pulley changing the crank pulley will give me about 10psi might be too much without cooler.

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
I'd feel the same, the Americans run those sorts of pressures but I'd be concerned running 10psi without an aftercooler.

It's definitely something I'm looking into with my setup. There's also an air cooled adapter in development by mercracing that'll be able to utilise an intercooler instead of a chargecooler.

It's due to be released later on on the year

TyperItr

Advanced Member
I got a custom 3" made before I got my charger fitted. I bought the components myself though. A Viberant ultra quiet mid section resonator and then a vibrant muffler, both are straight through with no reduction in the internal diameter, i have a spoon Decat also as this was the only one that had a built in resonator. He cut the end off the spoon 2:1 so it goes straight into a 3". My exhaust is not that loud at idle or low rpm once warmed up but serious in Vtec, I have heard exhausts that are way louder and are 2" / 2.5". 3" is a must when going charged i think, thats if you want max power and willing to sacfrice a bit of sound.

jcdc5

Advanced Member
beppe786 said:
I already have a 3.2in sc pulley changing the crank pulley will give me about 10psi might be too much without cooler.
3.0" sc pulley + k20 crank = 11psi
Will post my figure this Wednesday :)
Running a chargecooler to

beppe786

Beppe
jcdc5 said:
Yeah would be good to see.. you should be around 300bhp @ wheels..

dave c

400hp K20
jcdc5 said:
Can't wait to see the results, wil this be the most powerful SC setup on the forum?

beppe786

Beppe
dave c said:
Can't wait to see the results, wil this be the most powerful SC setup on the forum?
don't know if someone has a rotrex supercharger conversion on here they are they will have even higher bhp figures as you can use a normal intercooler and run even higher psi ?

no lag, lots of torque!

ckh

Advanced Member
jcdc5 yours should be one of the most power JRSC here i guess without forged internals?

thought TypeItr you are running Rotrex with some serious bhp?

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
You'll soon be able to air cool the Jackson also. Currently in development by mercracing.

Should be cheaper than an aftercooler too