D2 Coilovers fitted

dobber

Advanced Member
Had a set of D2 coilovers fitted yesterday at TGM Sport. Got it all laser alighned and it running spot on.

Ive got it lowered about 25mm all round, pretty much same ride height as the Spoon progressives, thats the only similar comparrison between the spoon springs and the D2 coilovers though :)

Ive got it on the softest setting at present which feels about as harsh as stock springs though the handling is 10x better. Tom at TGM took it out and even he was impressed at how good they were. I may play around with the copression ratio this week, crank it up a few turns.

Will post updates on the settings and results soon. I'll try and get a few pics too. Lovely anodised purple they are :D

Evs

Advanced Member
Sounds good mate xthumbup 8)
Does Tom actually do the alignment on site? Might need to pay him a visit... :-k

dobber

Advanced Member
He uses a local garage with all the latest equipment. Tom actually goes there and sets it all up himself. :D

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Just hope they are better than I tried 12 months ago......

My words 'D2 where nothing but trouble....'

Mike

dobber

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
Indeed they were. They have sorted out all th eproblems with them and now have these new versions. So far SOOOO good 8)

dobber

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
dobber said:
Ive got the printout at home so i'll post it later.
Did you dig these out mate?
Front Datum

LH RH Tolerance
Total toe 0.0mm +- 1.9mm

half toe 0.0mm 0.0mm +- 0.9mm

camber -0.5º -0.5º +- 1.0º

caster +1.17º +1.17º +- 1.0º

pin angle +13.35º +13.35º +- 0.5º

rear

total toe 1.9mm -0.9mm to +1.9mm

half toe 0.9mm 0.9mm -0.5mm to +0.9mm

camber -0.75º -0.75º -1.0º to +0.75º

Hope that helps :)

dan the man

Advanced Member
so those settings are foir every dc5 or just those with DC2 coilovers?

as mine needs doing i think... :?

dobber

Advanced Member
They are factory settings for a DC5. Tom recomends these for road as a "Fast road setup" just isnt worth it. You'll bugger the tyres quicker and you wont "generally" push it hard enough to use the setup.

Now ive had mine reset to standard it feels luuuurvly, though the coilovers help :wink:

NZITR

Advanced Member
dobber said:
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
Indeed they were. They have sorted out all th eproblems with them and now have these new versions. So far SOOOO good 8)
Do you know how to tell the new versions from the old..?

dobber

Advanced Member
Hmmm, guess you would have to ask. The new ones have only been fitted on my DC5 and nobody elses. Im giving them a full test for them so if you were to buy some D2 coilovers at this present time i would guess that they are the old type.

What i can say is that they are an awesome set of coilovers. Handling is far superior to stock in every way, no comparrison really.

dan the man

Advanced Member
not worth having the fast road setup??

so what if do a fair few track days and drive like a possessed demon on the roads then???

OR

is the normal road setup enough for me to enjoy the car ON track and ON road and benefit from having greater tire life THUS saving money in the long run?

dan :wink:

NZITR

Advanced Member
dobber said:
Hmmm, guess you would have to ask. The new ones have only been fitted on my DC5 and nobody elses. Im giving them a full test for them so if you were to buy some D2 coilovers at this present time i would guess that they are the old type.

What i can say is that they are an awesome set of coilovers. Handling is far superior to stock in every way, no comparrison really.
Thanks for the "heads up". I guess buying a pair s/h even if they are only a month old just ain't worth the risk.. never mind the fact the someone wants to sell them only after a month.