D2 Coilovers fitted

dobber

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
not worth having the fast road setup??

so what if do a fair few track days and drive like a possessed demon on the roads then???

OR

is the normal road setup enough for me to enjoy the car ON track and ON road and benefit from having greater tire life THUS saving money in the long run?

dan :wink:
Ive driven mine like a possessed deamon and it just sticks. I dont think that on the roads you can really push like you would be able to on a track. The amount of tyre wear that you would incur by adding camber as the race DC5's do its just not worth it seeing as the amount of grip you have as stock (with coilovers) is immence!

dobber

Advanced Member
NZITR said:
dobber said:
Hmmm, guess you would have to ask. The new ones have only been fitted on my DC5 and nobody elses. Im giving them a full test for them so if you were to buy some D2 coilovers at this present time i would guess that they are the old type.

What i can say is that they are an awesome set of coilovers. Handling is far superior to stock in every way, no comparrison really.
Thanks for the "heads up". I guess buying a pair s/h even if they are only a month old just ain't worth the risk.. never mind the fact the someone wants to sell them only after a month.
Hmm, sounds somewhat dodgy to me, especially as he is selling them after only a months ownership.

NZITR

Advanced Member
dobber said:
Hmm, sounds somewhat dodgy to me, especially as he is selling them after only a months ownership.
Yeah I thought that too.. he said he was selling the car but bid on an ARC airbox I was selling. Go figure.

Turns out his car is for sale so I could probably test them in his car if I want but I think some sort of warranty might be a good idea so I think I'll give it a miss despite him only wanting 315 Pounds for the set.