Daily commute in your dc5

ekg

Advanced Member
I'm still searching for my dc5 so my commute of 50 miles a day is done in my dc2.
Just wondering what the dc5 owners on here are averaging on their daily drives?

Please post up :)

alan-lee

Advanced Member
i dont do daily drives but my girl lives 15 miles away, sitting at 50/60 mph the whole way 2 nights with a gym run of 1 mile every day i get 90 mile to £20..

BUT

done near 230 mile to £30 when i went a long long saturday run sitting at 60/70 which is great!

long story short, short distances = poo mpg long runs = great mpg.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
32-35mpg on lanes i have had 42mpg on a run but i have also noticed that a journey in my 306 accumilates less miles than in my DC5 so the conversion probably isnt 100%

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
This Friday we will see who from Scotland see's the nest MPG lol Ive had around 380 out of my tank on my run to JAE last year.

Daily wise yeah as above poo MPG I ran back and forth to stirling today and blew £20

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
the most ive got out of 1 tank of fuel is 420 miles that was sitting 60/70 on the motorway, my daily commuite to work i get about 300 to a tank depending on how hard my right foot is lol

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
the most ive got out of 1 tank of fuel is 420 miles that was sitting 60/70 on the motorway, my daily commuite to work i get about 300 to a tank depending on how hard my right foot is lol

I filled up tonight and hope that this tank will get me to Japfest (385 miles)

ekg

Advanced Member
Is there anyone doing more than a 50 mile commute? Hope it doesn't make me bored of the teg.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
i think a 50 mile commute everyday would make you kinda bored of it, i drive an 80 bhp tranny everyday and when i get in the teg its class. So sporty! if i drove it everyday id be looking an evo to jump into for definite

mike.williams

Advanced Member
i do a 50 mile motorway and dual carriage way commute 2 days a week, used to do it 4 days but now i use my missus car

i dont get bored of it, i put in £30 to cover the 2 days so probably a tad over 20 litres of vpower.

on a long run i had about 40mpg coming back from cornwall, i got just over 400 miles to the tank. i have k100 now so il see what its like when i go back down to cornwall next month.

EDIT- just to add, i find i get better fuel cunsumption sitting at 70mph compared to 60mph

ekg

Advanced Member
Does anyone else agree with Alan-lee?? This is what I'm afraid of! A second car just doesn't seem feasible though.

Modmedia

Advanced Member
I agree with Alan Lee a bit.. The teg is not a Daily commuter or anything close lol. I do a 60 mile round trip every day except Sunday... and I'm glad I have my nice slow as hell company car (2012 1.6 TDI Seat Leon!) because its so comfy and does around 600 miles to a tank :) Then when I jump in the DC5 at the weekend it feels like the quickest thing on 4 wheels lol :)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I do a 32 mile round trip every day in mine. I get about 280 - 300 miles per tank but it's quite a lot of start stop type driving so it probably doesn't help economy. I'd say the first 5 minutes are a bit unpleasant as its not very refined when cold but I'd say once warmed through its quite a comfy place to be. I don't get bored of it but then I've only owned it for 2 months. Do you get bored of your DC2 everyday? I guess if you do that's your answer apart from the fact the DC5 has a bit more refinement going for it. Got to say my BM was by far the most tranquil place to be of any car I've owned but it all depends what you want from a car really

ekg

Advanced Member
I've no problem with the dc2 really. But I do think that I would enjoy the car much more if it was only used at weekends.

I just don't want to start to resent driving it everyday.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
My daily mileage when in employment was 8 miles a day, lol....

Self Employed now and living in Devon, I still do the same amount of mileage driving to shops etc.

ekg

Advanced Member
If it wasn't 250 miles per week I don't think I would be bothered. But it seems a lot of miles to be clocking up.

ekg

Advanced Member
If it wasn't 250 miles per week I don't think I would be bothered. But it seems a lot of miles to be clocking up.

firthy22

Advanced Member
34 mile round trip 4 days per week, BTW did I mention that part of it is on the TT course mountain road with no speed limit. Gives me my daily Vtec fix :)

ekg

Advanced Member
Pleasurable but expensive commute. ;)

There must be someone one here that does more 50 miles a day!!

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Carrying on from above, i had a daily golf tdi estate and said id use the teg as a weekend car. I ended up using the teg about 4 times in 5-6 months. The commute in the golf was boring. Seeing nice cars drive past made me rethink and i ended up selling the golf to use the teg.

However the teg felt really special when i did actually get it out of the garage.

My opinion is if you can afford to run it, do it. The dc5 is refined i think its a great daily

Edit: coyote_dc5 (dan) does mega mileage in his its on something like 140+k miles