Daily commute in your dc5

CJN

Advanced Member
I do 14 mile round trip to work 5 days a week. I drive to work like a granny though so fuel eco' is okay.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
The Problem, at least for you english lads, is that its not so much the mileage its how you do the mileage, if your sitting in stop start traffic for 20 miles, id much rather do 50 mile commute, some of my work collegues drive alot further to work than i do, but it takes the same time. So it all depends whats between you and your destination not so much the distance.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
^^ Amen to that!

4 miles used to take me 30 minutes in the South East, takes me 4 minutes here in Devon! A traffic jam consists of 10 cars here, not 100, lol.

ekg

Advanced Member
Carrying on from above, i had a daily golf tdi estate and said id use the teg as a weekend car. I ended up using the teg about 4 times in 5-6 months. The commute in the golf was boring. Seeing nice cars drive past made me rethink and i ended up selling the golf to use the teg.

However the teg felt really special when i did actually get it out of the garage.

My opinion is if you can afford to run it, do it. The dc5 is refined i think its a great daily

Edit: coyote_dc5 (dan) does mega mileage in his its on something like 140+k miles
Hmmm . . . . I did consider that I may begin to just starting using the teg more and more. Thanks that's good advice.

The Problem, at least for you english lads, is that its not so much the mileage its how you do the mileage, if your sitting in stop start traffic for 20 miles, id much rather do 50 mile commute, some of my work collegues drive alot further to work than i do, but it takes the same time. So it all depends whats between you and your destination not so much the distance.
25 miles in the morning takes 30 mins because its very early. Takes a bit longer driving home. But it a good mix: 70% motorway and the rest B roads so I should get a decent mpg.

Adam-f

Advanced Member
I found the DC5 to be rather good on a motorway run cruising between 60-70mph

Around town and back and forth work ( A lot of stopping and starting ) I normally get around 280miles to a full tank

Stay out of Vtec for cruising and you'll be fine :xyes: lol

jcamerz

Advanced Member
I use mine as daily drive to work 40 mile round trip I find it very comfy and pleasure to drive average 310 full tank, do wish I had the option of a 2nd car for daily only to save milage on the teg

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I only do 12 miles a day mostly over a bypass crossing over several roundabouts.

My MPG is really low at the moment though, I may need a new O2 sensor.

ekg

Advanced Member
Great to hear the different opinions but it seems to be unanimous..... Dc5 is a great commuter too!

Keep the posts coming in. It would be good to see who has the furthest drive to work everyday.

jono888

Advanced Member
I do about 10 miles and if you know Milton Keynes, its a mix of single and dual carriageways consisting of 60-70mph and I go through about 7 roundabouts before getting to work.

I get about 285-290 a full tank (without :xvtec: )

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
40 miles a day. 20 on B-Roads. 20 on Dual Carriageway.

Done nearly 50k on my Teg in 18 months. She's still as tight as the day I bought her

CJN

Advanced Member
My 14 mile round trips to work in the week involve me stopping at one set of traffic lights, the rest of the journey is back roads. :)

Here's a picture of my last journey from Plymouth to Colchester, on just over ¾ tank!

Adam-f

Advanced Member
My 14 mile round trips to work in the week involve me stopping at one set of traffic lights, the rest of the journey is back roads. :)

Here's a picture of my last journey from Plymouth to Colchester, on just over ¾ tank!

http://img585.imageshack.us/img
585/8619/img1234bj.jpg
Wow we have a fuel light ! Hahaa I've never noticed, mine has never come on lmao

alucardo

Advanced Member
60 miles a day roughly. 300-340 i usually put about 60 quid in for the week. Mixture of 30 to national speed limit roads. I try and stay out of vtec but can never a resist a quick blast exiting from an island. Fuel bill for the month is about 250 . Dc5 is a good trade off as i had a dc2 and its not as nice to drive on a commute or journey. I dont feel tired getting out of my car when i get to work or get home and I get the added advantage of a car I can push on track and b roads. Dc5 is the perfect car for communting / b roading / economy in my opinion. Hence why i own one :)

ekg

Advanced Member
60 miles a day roughly. 300-340 i usually put about 60 quid in for the week. Mixture of 30 to national speed limit roads. I try and stay out of vtec but can never a resist a quick blast exiting from an island. Fuel bill for the month is about 250 . Dc5 is a good trade off as i had a dc2 and its not as nice to drive on a commute or journey. I dont feel tired getting out of my car when i get to work or get home and I get the added advantage of a car I can push on track and b roads. Dc5 is the perfect car for communting / b roading / economy in my opinion. Hence why i own one :)
That's exactly what I wanted to hear!! :)