DC 5 vs S2000

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Re: s2000

liktup said:
I was talking about my Dc2 in comparison to an S2k and then comparing my Dc5 to my old Dc2...its not pointless.

HTH :)
I know you were.

It is pointless - there are turbocharged S2000s with 600bhp, why not compare those with your DC2? :lol: Where do you draw the line.....

civic72

my mate was behind a s2000 in the rain in his accord type r,and was pushing him all the way,(private road of course)he said it looked so twitchy in the wet and the driver seemed to have no confidence,but in the dry could of been a different story.

personally i much prefer the looks of the dc5,and would be the only car i would get after my ctr

matt b

Advanced Member
civic72 said:
my mate was behind a s2000 in the rain in his accord type r,and was pushing him all the way,(private road of course)he said it looked so twitchy in the wet and the driver seemed to have no confidence,but in the dry could of been a different story.

personally i much prefer the looks of the dc5,and would be the only car i would get after my ctr
LMAO they are twitchy as fook in the wet or even damp but then so is any powerful RWD car with no T/C

In the dry they put the power down very well 8)

liktup

Advanced Member

Neil_H said:
liktup said:
I was talking about my Dc2 in comparison to an S2k and then comparing my Dc5 to my old Dc2...its not pointless.

HTH :)
I know you were.

It is pointless - there are turbocharged S2000s with 600bhp, why not compare those with your DC2? :lol: Where do you draw the line.....
Point missed again.

My Dc2 was as quick as an S2k......my DC5 is as quick as my Dc2 wise...therefore...... :idea:

Don;t worry I know what I mean :lol:

Neil_H

Advanced Member

liktup said:
Point missed again.

My Dc2 was as quick as an S2k......my DC5 is as quick as my Dc2 wise...therefore...... :idea:
Sorry, half asleep today :lol:

It's not though :) Try driving one.

The Mofo

Advanced Member
If your dc2 was standard the S would be the quicker.

At one of the S2000 megameets last year one of the members (the boy wonder - FAO Neil H) came in a standard dc2 and kept dropping back when the fast group really opened up.

The S has a reputation of being a handful in the wet, this is mainly because people don't treat it with enough respect. The 06 model has a traction control system that is supposed to make it a lot easier to drive in the wet.[/b]

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
The Mofo said:
What Neil is trying say is that your not doing a fair comparision with your MODIFIED dc2 vs a STOCK S.

If your dc2 was standard the S would be the quicker.

At one of the S2000 megameets last year one of the members (the boy wonder - FAO Neil H) came in a standard dc2 and kept dropping back when the fast group really opened up.

The S has a reputation of being a handful in the wet, this is mainly because people don't treat it with enough respect. The 06 model has a traction control system that is supposed to make it a lot easier to drive in the wet.[/b]
Taxi!

He was saying his modded DC2 was as fast as a S2k, and now his DC5 is as fast as his modded DC2, ergo......

tedg

Advanced Member
How about this:

Compair the driving style/skill of :
Mr/Ms Typical S2K driver
Mr/Ms Typical DC5 driver
:lol:

liktup

Advanced Member

Neil_H said:
liktup said:
Point missed again.

Sorry, half asleep today :lol:

It's not though :) Try driving one.
I have driven loads... :wink:

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Gran Turismo doesn't count :!: :!:

I've owned both cars, and have to disagree I'm afraid. But whatever, they're both still great cars. :wink:

liktup

Advanced Member
Neil_H said:
Gran Turismo doesn't count :!: :!:

I've owned both cars, and have to disagree I'm afraid. But whatever, they're both still great cars. :wink:
I agree, bearing in mind my ex owned one I did get to drive it an awful lot :lol:

They are both great cars...the S2k is just aimed at the man who is more in touch with his femine side, no bloke is pretty enough to warrant needing the roof down to show off his ugly mug :p :lol: :wink:

spo_gen

Advanced Member
No point arguing the point. Put a professional (ie: Gan-san) in both around a track. The S WILL be quicker. Its been proven time and time again. Us mortal's will never bring out the true potential of both cars, no matter how much you think you will. :wink:

Even on road, classic example: The Touge. FWD suffers. A Toyota MRS is quicker than the DC5.

liktup

Advanced Member
spo_gen said:
No point arguing the point. Put a professional (ie: Gan-san) in both around a track. The S WILL be quicker. Its been proven time and time again. Us mortal's will never bring out the true potential of both cars, no matter how much you think you will. :wink:
Exactly...in real terms on the everyday roads the S2k will be no quicker than a Dc5 :)