dc sports mani problem

leejw87

Spoon Whore
May be abit off topic but does anybody know what the quality of the Tegiwa M is like as I'm thinking of buying one next month and it's half the price of the Gruppe M.

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
I have the DCSports Manifold on mine, been onthere for 2 or 3 years and I've never heard a sqweek out of it, not one knock bang or rattle, you sure its fitted ok?

Is yours the 4-2-1 or the 4-1 ?

Other suggestions is a cusco roll bar, "apparently" i dont know this for fact but apparently they are a more forgiving design and the bend is different and give much more clearance so that could resolve your issue although toda is for winners lol
mines the 4-2-1 dave,i will look into that cusco role bar thanks bud.
i guess i am a original parts pure'est but thats just me,so what you do with your money is your descicion so you carry on buying tegiwa stuff and you get what you pay for and thats all im saying.so back on topic please

petie180

Advanced Member
You talk a load of crap, you say this but you have a DC mani that knocks ?? Anyway. bragging rights to you, enjoy paying 3 times as much for a Toda that does the same job as the Tegiwa.

Another one who doesn't know excrement. There have been no reports of any Tegiwa headers splitting at the welds so how can you compare it to some cheap crap you bought off Ebay.

Conratulations on beiing JDM purists (in mind only) but don't slag off the Tegiwa header without proof. If you don't like them copying Toda then just don't buy it but stop talking so much bullexcrement.
I know enough to know that there all the same excrement..and it wasn't bought off eBay my friend..this is a forum after all so if I have something to say on the subject then I will.. if I've had a problem with a Mani then I'll say..so less af the bullexcrement talk from you

madrab

Advanced Member
im honestly surprised Tegiwa have not received a court summons yet, company's spend hundreds of thousands designing, developing and testing so they have the best product, then to have someone come along and make a blatant copy of that item is a bit sh*t to say the least

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Just a note, I cannot 100% confirm that the cusco ARB will solve the problem with the manifold hitting. I too have the same problem with the dc sport manifold ben.

I have only visually held the ARB's up over one another and the cusco looks a different shape where it bends over the manifold.
I'm hoping to get it on with my engine mounts and poly bushes all in one go when the weather gets better.

I have a cusco rear ARB also but i have put the oem back on untill all the front parts are on. The car feels loads better with the bigger rear ARB!
J

firthy22

Advanced Member
I know enough to know that there all the same excrement..and it wasn't bought off eBay my friend..this is a forum after all so if I have something to say on the subject then I will.. if I've had a problem with a Mani then I'll say..so less af the bullexcrement talk from you
So yours was a Tegiwa mani ??? Or you just assume that because yours split that the Tegiwa mani will do the same ???

petie180

Advanced Member
So yours was a Tegiwa mani ??? Or you just assume that because yours split that the Tegiwa mani will do the same ???
Na it was a japspeed 1..i just think that the cheaper ones are crap that's my opinion an you have yours so we will beg to differ sure..

dotty

Advanced Member
Sell you my immaculate less than 1000 miles on it Feels manifold? £600 - they're £1400 new!

Can count on one hand how many there are in the country ;)

firthy22

Advanced Member
Na it was a japspeed 1..i just think that the cheaper ones are crap that's my opinion an you have yours so we will beg to differ sure..
Exactly my point, Japspeed are known to be crap and assuming Tegiwa are just as crap is wrong unless you know otherwise.

Tegiwa make affordable copies of Toda and GruppeM but because they are cheaper doesn't make them crap, many people can't afford Toda and GruppeM and gives them an alternative.

Wether or not Toda and gruppem are happy about this is their problem, not for the rest of us to worry about. If you don't agree with it, then just don't buy it.

madrab

Advanced Member
the only reason they can offer it cheaper is because there blatantly ripping other companies off!!!. when you sit a tegiwa product with the original you can clearly notice the difference in quality

cpoh

Advanced Member
Its a little like the Rota wheels arguement, sure theyre not the real thing but they still do a decent job and fit a niche market over here.

petie180

Advanced Member
Exactly my point, Japspeed are known to be crap and assuming Tegiwa are just as crap is wrong unless you know otherwise.

Tegiwa make affordable copies of Toda and GruppeM but because they are cheaper doesn't make them crap, many people can't afford Toda and GruppeM and gives them an alternative.

Wether or not Toda and gruppem are happy about this is their problem, not for the rest of us to worry about. If you don't agree with it, then just don't buy it.
Well thats your opinion an I have mine..and I didn't actually bad mouth the tegiwa parts just stating that I've had a bad experience with a certain part..

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hi All,
just to comfirm that the Cusco ARB is the same shape, so it will not help on the hitting front.
It is however super heavy in comparison to the stock OEM!!!!!
Back to the drawing board 8-(

J