DC2's

morgan

Advanced Member
Higher or lower ?

Uk '99 DC2 was horrific - 4,100rpm at 70 in top ! Surely Jap cannot be lower ?

liktup

Advanced Member
.......96Spec........98Spec
1st....3.230.........3.230
2nd...2.105.........2.105
3rd...1.485.........1.485
4th...1.107.........1.034
5th...0.848.........0.787
F/D...4.400.........4.785

The 96 spec is slightly longer geared :)

Stevieg

Advanced Member
liktup said:
The 98 spec is great, but I actually prefer the 96 spec due to the different gearing :wink: :D
Yeah but the 98 had bigger brakes, quicker steering rack, a stainless steel 4-1 manifold, HID lights, revisied suspension and some other shizzle (can't remember now)

liktup

Advanced Member
Stevieg said:
liktup said:
The 98 spec is great, but I actually prefer the 96 spec due to the different gearing :wink: :D
Yeah but the 98 had bigger brakes, quicker steering rack, a stainless steel 4-1 manifold, HID lights, revisied suspension and some other shizzle (can't remember now)
Indeed it had the bigger brakes (easy to upgrade to that spec though for around £250), noy convinced the steering rack is any different we have been searching for info on it for ages on dc2 forum, the suspension was only revised to accomodate the wider tyre needed :wink: , HID lights add weight :p

The 96 spec without ABS, SRS, A/C is as pure as you'll get for a Type-R this side of an NSX Type-R...oh and with 200ps and weighing in at 1060kgs in this guise it surprising how quick it is...mine had no problem keeping with S2k's :wink:

liktup

Advanced Member
First link is from Best Motoring Type-R legends, worth watching the whole thing tbh :wink:

matt b

Advanced Member
Iv had a UKDM DC2 and 2 DC5's now on a 96spec JDM DC2 and of all the tegs iv had this one is the most fun to drive I just love it 8) But im sure ill be back to a DC5 again at somepoint but ill keep the DC2 for track :)

garylythgoe

liktup said:
keevster said:
I have seen the underside of 4 DC2s now, two in person and photos of two, 3 of these where JDM and not one of them was undersealed :roll: Not a good move i dont think considering its a 10 year old car and our roads are ridden with salt for 5 months of the year :shock:
Obviously if these cars where undersealed on entry to the UK, i dont think they would be suffering the way they where.
I wouldn;t panic too much, my JDM DC2 had been in the UK since '99 had done nearly 100k miles in '05 when I sold it and didn;t have the first sign of rust showing anywhere, and there was no extra undersealing than it left the factory with :wink:

THe UK cars suffer on the arches because of those ridiculous plastic protectors Honda UK saw as a good idea to fit :roll: :lol:

Personally I would take a JDM car every time over a UK car too as of all the cars I have driven ( at least half a dozen of each variant) the JDM's always feel a little more spritely and eager 8)

I was really shocked when I drove a DC2 straight after I sold my DC5 as to how small the car felt, the DC5 does well to achieve the weight it does with how big it has become 8)
Finally know who you are :lol: