DC5 ~ Drag Racing

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
yup I was the 14.7 on that day reeled it in to a 14.65 the following trip and then found out why I was down on power on ny last run.

As some may have seen on facebook my Cat had collapsed tremendously. WHOOPS

All sorted now(well in as much as ibhave an empty CAT can lol) so may have to cone back for a play soon.

alfa27

Advanced Member
i have another drag day set up for 27th of july @bishopscourt.

Have a few spots left @€45 if anyone wants to do it drop me a pm.

Jonnyteg

Advanced Member
alfa27 said:
sorry only seen this now. ya on kpro.

speed was 105mph iirc
Thats a really good terminal speed, have you had it on the rollers?

Mine is similar spec, apart from the outlet manifold still on a PRC which is holding it back a little mines dyno'd 241

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
I get a bit twitchy at the times from make shift drag strips with the removable timing gear.

Unless its an FIA / MSA approved track its best not to compare times too closely.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
tomhappyapril said:
Dc5 is at a disadvantage at a drag as its missing 4 cylinders !

Missing 4 cylinders and some moonshine injection.

pulpmelon_r said:
I get a bit twitchy at the times from make shift drag strips with the removable timing gear.

Unless its an FIA / MSA approved track its best not to compare times too closely.
Not many of them tracks around though, I would have no worries about well set up properly run tracks. If run properly the timing gear should be calibrated correctly.

either way that's a good time Alan next is to get below 13 for you.

beppe786

Beppe
good read even if you wheel spin off the line alot and your trap speed is high your car is faster than and quicker timed with lower trap speed

i found this trap speed determines power copied from other site :

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=3&t=1198372&d=11950.47897&nmt=

Simple rule of thumb for drag racing...

200-300bhp = 100-110mph
300-400bhp = 105-115mph
400-500bhp = 115-125mph
500-600bhp = 125-135mph
600-700bhp = 130-140mph

Transmission type has an effect as does weight of the car. Generally DSG type transmissions will be at the upper end of those scales, manual types at the lower ends. Also, weight is a factor, Nissan GTR's (MY12 with 550hp) only trap 125mph because of their 1750kg bulk but a TTRS with say 450bhp can trap the same 125mph due to weighing 1450kg. (Both have same twin clutch transmissions, PWR figures for 550/1750 vs 450/1450 near identical)

But as a general rule of thumb on normal weight cars, circa 1500kg the speeds above are quite accurate.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Anyone at York Sunday?

Heading back out with the new setup (if im not working) be good to see the regulars there ;)

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Yeah turn up with licence and a helmet mate sign on for RWYB and off you pop.

My mate with his Turbo NOS'd Punto, a 550bhp Golf, my mates subaru fresh from being rebuilt and me (poss a few others) are heading down for it ;) be good to see another Teg there and pit my lowly spec against you.....

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Ok I'll see how my house painting gets on Saturday and if I'm allowed out to play lol not sure how ill do with road tyres and a SR intake as never so good from a dig. Getting my excuses in early you can see 😛

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Ok I'll see how my house painting gets on Saturday and if I'm allowed out to play lol not sure how ill do with road tyres and a SR intake as never so good from a dig. Getting my excuses in early you can see 😛

Well my Six Sigma is on with the 3" (lad with punto built the exhaust funnily enough) and not been out with the new map and mods so be good to see what's doing.

Best fit my Tein rear strut brace for added errrrr nvm rear seat are out this weekend also as want to get them out and scrubbed so a lil less weight as they won't be finished by Sunday (not that it'll matter lol)

G