dc5 inner CV joint

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hi all, my vibration has finally got so bad it has made it possible to see what the problem is... I have a lot of play in my drivers side driveshaft. Mainly The inner joint, that connects onto the intermediate shaft. Rather alot of movement after getting it on a ramp this morning.

Now, I can get hold of outer cv joints fine, but the garage I was at this morning, and myself cannot seem to find a replacement new inner joint. :(

If I can avoid buying a used driveshaft from eBay that would be great.

Anyone know of any websites to try or company's to call?

Thanks in advance
James

beppe786

Beppe
your have to go for the insane complete drive shafts from tegiwa.. i wouldnt buy used ones.. but there around £210 per side

beppe786

Beppe
2ndy said:
Are both sides the same for the inner and outer joints?
nope..inner ones are different.. one comes out of the gearbox.. you have to drain your gearbox oil before you changed that side..

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Thanks Beppe, I was aware of the length difference etc, but I couldn't find any inners. Although if that one on eBay fits then £18 is a bargain... But like you said, that does seem really cheap. Lol.

I looked at the insane ones but have been informed recently they do not actually fit??? Could have read it wrong but im pretty sure thats how I read it.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Just realised the one linked is off the nearside. I need offside (drivers) so that will be a different fitting wont it? As it doesnt go into the gearbox.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I find it crazy how there is still no definitive answer to this when you think I had this problem 3 years ago and it seems so many companies still can't get their act together and be clear about what's for an ep3 and what fits a DC5. I found it so frustrating back then to eventually have to give up and go with used ones (still going strong btw) so I know what you're going through. I'll have a little look around and see if I can find anything too Jim as I have a vague recollection I found some much later on but I'll see if I can find anything bud.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah thats true. Thanks Dave, appreciate that :) I may have to if I can't find what im after.

I was hoping I can just change all the joints, both inner and outers, but the only ones I can get are the outside cv joints, and the inner gearbox side cv, NOT the one I need which is the inner drivers side. :( grrr.

Does anyone know if I buy a new blueprint EP3 drivers side shaft... If I can remove BOTH cv joints atall? Spoke to someone this morning and they said that the inner cannot be changed? Is this true? Tried calling TGM to clarify but they are out racing again.

Cheers in advance
James

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Great ill do that then. £75 for a complete EP3 one...New. and ill replace both ends. And if it doesn't come off for what ever reason, I'm not £200 odd quid out of pocket.

beppe786

Beppe
Jimmer said:
Great ill do that then. £75 for a complete EP3 one...New. and ill replace both ends. And if it doesn't come off for what ever reason, I'm not £200 odd quid out of pocket.
my mates done same thing tgm told him.. so you should be ok..

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Perfect, just what I wanted to hear. I have just managed to get the shaft complete and new for £58, and bought two sets of clamps and grease for a fiver. should do the trick then ;)

Cheers all

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Perfect, just what I wanted to hear. I have just managed to get the shaft complete and new for £58, and bought two sets of clamps and grease for a fiver. should do the trick then ;)

Cheers all
Sounds good James. Glad you got it sorted.

Surely this thread should be pinned. Good information here.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
WJ51FUT (Gok) said:
Surely this thread should be pinned. Good information here.
I shall update when I have them fitted in a week or so, and change the title too. Will include part numbers etc also. :)

Hopefully give a clear answer and confirm a cheap alternative to anyone else who has driveshaft issues, which will mean avoiding to buy used driveshaft's (for some) at a far higher cost. ;)

Dan34

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:

Cheers all
No worries! I did a lot of research into it, as like you I wasnt sure what would fit! But yep I can confirm EP3 CV joints will fit our DC5 shafts fine. :)

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ok .....bit of a nightmare, bought a new (aftermarket) EP3 shaft to break down for the ends, and it doesn't fit. the ends fit onto the car, but the shaft itself is too bi on the aftermarket, meaning it wont fit tight on the DC5 shaft. Feeling massively deflated with this bloody issue now, so I now need to source another driveshaft. I think I'm just going to have to give up and buy a used, I cannot believe the hassle I am having with this, Just problem after problem. :xhuh:

grrrrrrrrr