DC5 newb, Honda veteran.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Evening gents.

Just pucked up a PFL CW DC5, 02 plate, covered 89k (miles, i think). I've been a Honda driver for over a decade, owned many Civic VTi variants, EK9, DC2, 2 EP3's, and now on to the DC5.

I sold my last ep3 in November and picked up a 2006 BMW 130i. Superb car, but not very engaging. The value was around the same as a DC5, so i bit the bullet.

It's going to take some adjusting, as the bmw was very smooth, very well insulated, very quiet, and equally very quick. Obviously jumping into the teg, it's chalk and cheese driving. Noisey, rattles, but oh so much fun and silly ammounts of grip and confidence in comparison.

Here she is.

Body wise, she's immaculate. Interior needs a good detail, and some work to eliminate the rattles, assume there'll be some threads here to help? :)

Currently, there's a Mugen Twin loop cat back, and matching intake, which i plan on removing and returning to stock once i aquire the parts. Also, it's running eibachs, so has fugly reverse rake, but it rides surprisingly well, so that's like the till i investigate options more.

The cabin nlise worries me after so long out of a type R, i think the teg would have been loud compared to the EP3, so out of a soundproof bmw, it's hard work. Still, vtec engagement, takes that away.

Obviously, there's nighles, bit until i figure out the rattles, tge rest can wait until i csn pinpoint them ;)

I'm from Swindon in Wiltshire, anyone local? Seen a few CW cars around :)

JohnG

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
Welcome, and that will definitely do the trick, guessing if it has that one, it has the others?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
The gearbox mount 'looks' standard OE, but there's a Mugen intake box blocking most of the light.

adam.

Advanced Member
Welcome, I was just like you - I'd had Honda's for years but never had a DC5 !

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
So just checked with the guy I bought it from.

Driver side engine mount is innovative as pictured, passenger side is 'avid racing' and a standard gearbox mount.

Anyone want to swap for standard ones? ;)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Johngreen537 said:
So just checked with the guy I bought it from.

Driver side engine mount is innovative as pictured, passenger side is 'avid racing' and a standard gearbox mount.

Anyone want to swap for standard ones? ;)

Post up in this section for swaps. More people should see it ;)

Welcome btw.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Don't suppose it's you I saw parked up in beatrice Street?

RichA

Advanced Member
No that wouldn't have been me, I have seen a facelift CW DC5 around though, don't suppose that was it?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Possibly. I drove past , but too tight down there for a proper look.

Do you have dark wheels? Saw one in town in Princes Street car park about 2 weeks ago, which gave me the itch ;)

RichA

Advanced Member
Ah yeah fair enough.

Yeah I have a dark grey set of Rays 57s, it could well have been me!

Glad you're enjoying the car, and just by the way if you're looking for OEM stuff I have a garage full of bits which I've switched out so if there's anything you need/want let me know!

moodyedge

Advanced Member
She? :s

It's a he!!

It isn't either of course but......

More a he than a she....and definitely not a heshe......

I will shut up.

Surely Eibach screwed up something when they made springs for these cars??? Surprising because they are usually very good...how can they have intentionally given it that much reverse rake........?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
It does seem odd, but after a 300 miles round trip to snetterton yesterday, mostly B roads, they are a bloody nice ride, and hold the twisties well.

Ugly rake though, but I'm in no hurry to change due to the ride quality.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
What man looks that good, wails like a banshee when you ride hard, gets disgusted at the thought of not loosing every ounce of possible weight, chuffs you off with the ear bashing on long trips, but you forgive the bad bits because of the way it makes your testicular regions fizz?

Unless, you are homosexual (or female), it's a she.

moodyedge

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
What man looks that good, wails like a banshee when you ride hard, gets disgusted at the thought of not loosing every ounce of possible weight, chuffs you off with the ear bashing on long trips, but you forgive the bad bits because of the way it makes your testicular regions fizz?
Unless, you are homosexual (or female), it's a she.
The james may fizz....ive heard of it....ear bashing? That does sound like a woman actually......

Try driving 400 miles in a dc2 . Im ready for killing somebody by the time I get out of it