DC5 NH0 Paint

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
To blend it all which you'll need your be spending considerably upwards of 350 quid. Budget 500. And don't skimp out for a good job.
I couldn't give a good estimate as we've always done paint ourselves. My mate owes me a favour so he's doing it for a fraction and of course mates rates

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
I couldn't give a good estimate as we've always done paint ourselves. My mate owes me a favour so he's doing it for a fraction and of course mates rates

So long as he knows what hes doing mate. May be worth buffing up a panel first so he can take a spectrometer reading so that it matches best after you've mopped it.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
So long as he knows what hes doing mate. May be worth buffing up a panel first so he can take a spectrometer reading so that it matches best after you've mopped it.
He has his own business mate been a close family friend for years. He's worked with NH0 before so he's comfortable with it

The only reason we're not doing it is we want a factory finish

Teggs

I've just had the dreaded rear aches done a couple of months ago, by all accounts it was quite an involved job, they were not in 'bad' condition but a bit of bubbly paint and spots of rust appearing I thought 'best to get on top of it before winter'.

Was a rear bumper off job, sanding, welding e.t.c They initially thought they'd be able to blend thru the doors / A pillar, but in the end they had to finish up on the front quarters, new rear windows and some stone chip treatment for the arches. Apparently white paint does fade! Cost me £1080 and took them 2 weeks, but glad i've had it done for peace of mind for another few years.

Just got to dig back into my pocket for some new side stickers now....

Teggs

^ any before and after photos?
Afraid not mate, I'm a bit tardy at keeping a photo record, and at present the car has a beige 'wrap' on it. Will get the chamois out soon and take some after's.