dc5 owners are now really doomed!! we're in max power!

benny

Advanced Member
just been on a train journey, the only car mag they had was maxpower(good old preston train station!) unbenown to me half way though there was a dc5!!!! the spec is pretty impressive, but all this talk of chavs and theres a dc5 in the chaviest of chav car mag!!
heres a link to the car they're using
http://www.motorpix.com/2008/London_Int ... ow/67.htm#
there using a dc5 turbo for the modball ralley
the engine spec is pretty impressive
16vgt38 garret turbo, sleeved and braced block, forged pistons, arp head studs and cometic head gasket, supertech valves, titanium retainiers, vti intake and exhaust cams, aem cam gears, aem feul rail with 1000cc rc injectors, edelbrock t/b, motec coil pack, stage3 drive shafts, full race pro am manifold, race 3" system 44m wastegate, 50m blow off valve, exedy double pack clutch,
full honda btcc wide arch kit!!!(wankers)
cost to build 40000
bhp 488
somethings in life are just not fair!!!!!
if you get chance to see the interior please do its awfull!!!!!!!

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Very impressive, Max Power is complete pants and now there are going to be a few chavs wantin DC5s...if they can afford them.

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
It is ok but not that good in the flesh.

The front wheel does not sit on the middle of the arch because it has got the BTCC body kit and the BTCC cars had adjustable wheel base depending on the track they were on.

Way too heavy too.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
It was originally built by Carisma for Castrol as a promo car and as Chris states the front wheels look cack as they are wwwaaayyy off in the arch, sadly it is a bit of a bucket really :(

kingston

Advanced Member
Si, youve never liked them though have you :wink:

I remember when it first came across and Carisma where building it at shows, they must have done alot of work to make it road legal/pass sva considering.

I still cant believe that people are getting upset over potential 'chavs' are driving around in our holy dc5's, wake up people, as people are selling theres at desperately low prices and its not as if there £6 figure/limited production cars.

I remember when i first saw an RSX in MP back in '02, got me interested in them then.

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
There is one easy way to stop chavs getting hold of these, DONT sell your DC5. They cant afford them from importers so if we dont sell they dont get. :D

Simple

linzi94

Advanced Member
i didnt realise Carisma were still going.

although it has to be said of chav mobiles in general, i dont see as many out and about as i used to say, 2-3 years ago.

im not totally adverse to bodykits and big wheels, just some are deffinately handled with more taste than others.

this red teg falls into the latter :lol: i dont like it.

Hoodster

Advanced Member
I can't see the 5 becoming a chav car it will end up the same as the 2 sure some chavs will get there hands on one but most will be driven by genuine car lovers.
And I don't know if you know this but not all chavs are poor there are plenty of chavs with money it usually makes them twice as annoying as the skint ones.
Anyone who would want there 5 to look like this red one must be mentally disturbed.

benny

Advanced Member
its worth buyin the mag to see the interior done in red and white leather, there is a bonus of an r35 in it too! but even thats been chaved! haha

kingston

Advanced Member
strange how she declares herself bankrupt, husband doesnt have job yet buys a £55k car