Dc5 Prices

liktup

Advanced Member
:lol: :lol: :lol: @ prices crashing.

As has been said its getting older and its going to devalue, thats what cars do :|

DC5TU

Advanced Member
prices have dropped c onsiderably compared to the market 2 years ago

i think i'd know what im talking about, having bought and sold two DC5s and seen the difference in bought price and sold price due to the market value at the time! :?

Newty

Advanced Member
Works both ways this don't it?

Us private owners benefit, while the proper importers suffer a little.

Its an up 'n' down situation....just like life itself!

morgan

Advanced Member
It doesnt feel like a difficult equation to me...

"Cars older = cheaper", coupled with "supply up = prices fall". - Supply and demand in action.

Its still running at 60% new price at 6 years old ! Thats AMAZING. It does live in its own little price bubble, but even thats gotta fall a bit !

keevster

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
Melly said:
DC5TU said:
who said anything about an investment melly?
I did :wink: :lol:

Cheers
Melly
in relation to what though??

In relation, that he has probably bought his car cheap :lol: :wink: , sell it on a year later, with potentially no loss what so ever :wink: , possibly a profit, depending on what time of the year he purchased it, and who from. :p or he is talking about quite simply, buy a hoose :lol:

Anyway Stu, face it mate, some cars depreciate a little, some depreciate a lot. You say you lost 4k or there abouts on one of your DC5s, so what, so you are the only one that has ever lost 4k on a car :roll: .

I've been there too, lost 4k, but i aint crying and shouting at the Subaru and Honda second hand market and telling all the dealers that they are selling there cars to cheap now, am i :lol: :wink:
I just accept, thats the way of the world matey, can't handle the losses in the second hand car market, dont buy one :wink: simple :wink:

Paul :wink:

keevster

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
:?

Off course there going too, supply and demand :lol: , how many DC5s where in the country 2 years ago, how many now :?:

Anyway, who really gives a toss, drive it and enjoy it, worry about depreciation later :lol:

DC5TU

Advanced Member
The people that have been around here long enough know exactly what im on about, but i give up trying to explain my self to you!

cheers
stu :wink:

Melly

Advanced Member
I didn't buy my car cheap but i got a good deal from Andy on an 05 facelift model so i went for it.

DC5TU, my comment was about the car trade overall. You buy a second hand car, enjoy it then more often than not sell it for a loss. We all want nice cars and losing money over time is the downside to it. That is what i call a poor investment. I was taking a light approach to the matter by saying you can always buy a house as a good investment as you will always make your money back. It was light hearted banter and i didn't mean to get your back up mate. I hope i have explained myself well :wink:

Cheers
Melly

DC5TU

Advanced Member
you didnt get my back up mate, other prople do that without even trying

i have a house, theres my investment!

what im trying to get across is the fact that the market crashed. it wasnt due to supply and demand, it was due to dealers flooding the market with underpriced shoddy examples!

Melly

Advanced Member
Yes i agree with that. When i first bought my gt4 in 2002 you hardly seen any on the road. It cost me £11,000 and it was mint. I spent a total of £13,000 on mods so the car was due me £24,000. I sold it after 2 years for £8,500. Now at that time you were getting piles of crap for £4,000 dragging the market down the pan and making it a hard car to sell for a decent price. Fair enough it was a very modified car but i was selling to the right audience at the time but people would rather spend half the money on a bucket than a couple of grand more on a mint, well looked after example. It will go this way no matter what the car. I will enjoy my new car for a year or two as i've been waiting a very long time on decent insurace quotes so i could buy it.

Cheers
Melly

morgan

Advanced Member
I am still not getting this 'Market Crashed' bit.... :?:

Its still a 6yr old car with 50% residuals. Thats awesome ...
Realistically this should lose ~£2K/yr over time. Sell up quickly, you almost always take a big hit.

I lost 4K on my RX8 in 8 months ! (doh!)

Suped

Advanced Member
I think we all would love to see a lesser hit on the loss in the wallet department since the DC5 was abit of a special car. But now, there are too many coming in for the DC5 to hold the sort-after status.

Very much considering selling up now to cut losses.

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
STU, I agree with you mate - i think others are simply saying it could be worse - other cars lose much more value alot quicker... However you can only know that if youve been there yourself - such as Melly with his GT4, and Morgan with his RX8....

Another one of our customers - (Niel) who bought a Dc5 from us, then a FD2 - he owned a Ford Focus RS prior to buying a Jap import...

If my memory serves me right he lost something like £4K in 4 months - Now thats depeciation!!!

As i said though, anyone who bought there DC5 2+ years ago might very well feel like you.. Price is discussed as often as any other subject on this forum and it must be a little hard to swallow sometimes seeing cars come to market for far less than your own percieved value of the DC5..

You also mentioned about lower profit margins taken by importers....
I would love to increase the price of our imports but unless you have a Cartel with all other importers - this is pointless - A new importer will allways reduce profit margins to compete in an already established industry and with the rise of the internet, the Part time importer has increased as barriers to starting an import business come down. This has contributed somewhat to the price decrease - However most people will see this as a good thing as its putting the buyer in the drivers seat - Not the importer - Its a buyers market now..

Just thought i would share my opinions on this topic.....

spo_gen

Advanced Member
keevster said:
DC5TU said:
:?

Off course there going too, supply and demand :lol: , how many DC5s where in the country 2 years ago, how many now :?:

Anyway, who really gives a toss, drive it and enjoy it, worry about depreciation later :lol:
Bit of a ironic statement from you considering your car is in 'hibernation'. :lol: :lol:

I think what STU meant was if 200BHP kept their prices closer to other import companies since they started trading, then there will not be a problem. The difference in price at the time, was alot.
I tend not to worry about depreciation when owning a car, its bound to happen and there's F-ALL we can do about it. :wink:

keevster

Advanced Member
Nothing ironic about that statement buddy, :lol: i aint the one thats crying about depreciation now, :lol: am I.

And it does all come down to supply and demand what ever way you want to dress it up. Its not just the used car market that is being hit with this, most commodities nowadays suffer the same highs and lows :wink:

If Andy was not bringing these cars in a little cheaper than his competition, then it would be someone else :lol:.

As Andy stated, the import market is starting to boom, more folks are becoming aware of these cars and there capability, and they want a part of it :wink:
I advertised my car for sale yesterday, within an hour i had a phone call and a viewing, and today i have had two emails. I have never experienced this with any other car that i have had, and especially at this time of year. I sold WRX a few winters ago, took me near on 8 weeks, sold a CTR 5 winters ago, again took me 8 weeks to sell, and that was me eventually giving it away for 12k, 4k loss in 10 months :evil:

And as some of the guys had mentioned, when you consider a 6 year old car retaining 50% of its value that aint bad at all

Paul. :wink:

LeeH

Advanced Member
I dont see ANY argument against a company striving to sell the cheapest DC5's or any other car come to think of it, in their area of expertise. They want to sell more cars then anybody else. Exactly like any other product in any other business

If the shoe was on the other foot and 'you' (not a personal dig at any one on here) was in the market for a DC5 today not 2-3 years previous. I bet you wouldn't approach a company like 200BHP and say "Errrr Andy, that's too cheap. Please can I pay 1K more? Yeah right, think about it :roll:

I can understand you'll be pissed when your car looses value but, hey ho that's life. Join the club its not an exclusive one.

There is no argument at all against 200BHP. They are a service, a well priced service, and a good one at that.

Just my thoughts........I'll go and put my flame-proof coat on :roll:

Lee

keevster

Advanced Member
spo_gen said:
I think what STU meant was if 200BHP kept their prices closer to other import companies since they started trading, then there will not be a problem. . :wink:

I think we all know what stu means here :roll: , so basically stu wants Andy200bhp to run his business as stu wishes, so stu's DC5 or any other DC5 owner on here does not take a hit with depreciation, :roll: is that close to what he means :lol: :wink:

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Seems to me that other importing companies may have been over cooking their profit sometime ago - if you can get away with it why not. If peope pay the price that will be the price.

200bhp look to provide good cars at a decent price from what i see,

There are many bad examples coming over with auction sheets changed to con the buyers from some dodgy dealers.

And some of the prices......WTF! Sky rocket. I know as i spent 2 months trawling through the Japanese auctions and know he acution prices.

Also you need to take into acount the Yen price 2 years ago............195 against 230 now. 18% on currency alone.