DC5 Type R vs Civic FD2 Type R

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
dc5 driver sucked :(

can't see it could be that different to the civic, the gap was a couple of seconds,

oh well better call litchfield and order a civic :D :D

Dave SS

I've seen 1:08.8 laps from the dc5 before, either way - 1:07.9 is seriously fast for the FD2 :shock:

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
It does look impressive but the lines the DC5 driver takes are poor, and I notice he changes up out of VTEC.

I have a vid somewhere of the 2 being a match on track.

Ezza

Advanced Member
Looks quite staged to me, watched the first few minutes and the driver of the DC5 kept changing gear around 7 - 7.5k rpm :evil:

Dave SS

....regardless of how bad the dc5 driver was, it's still a faster car.
It could be something as simple as it having sticky tyres mind.

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
Odd the DC5 is the only one they didnt bother putting up the price / tyres / other stats for?

Maybe missing something in the translation...

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Gotto agree a bit with it being staged or a fix, his lines were bad as were the gearshifts,
It seems (to me anyhow) whenever a new car comes out there is a battle with it creaming everything.

Dark Blue Mark

Advanced Member
Not sure about the DC5, but the NSX has the prestige of being their finest achievement so I doubt they would want it shown up!

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
should have Gan San Kurosawa behind the teg's wheel, but i supposed its part of marketing gimmick by honda too, pushing harder on newer cars...
BM n honda are closely knitted

Dave SS

azriDC5R said:
should have Gan San Kurosawa behind the teg's wheel, but i supposed its part of marketing gimmick by honda too, pushing harder on newer cars...
BM n honda are closely knitted
normally I'd disagree with that but when they tested the facelfit DC5 and raced it against varius cars inc the JDM ep3 at Tsukuba you could quite clearly see the ep3 driver let gan-san past at the end of the first lap.
Granted he scared the shit out of most of them but it still looked dubious.

G4Z

I've seen 1:08.8 laps from the dc5 before, either way - 1:07.9 is seriously fast for the FD2
Yep :) A 1,07.9 is an amazing time. I love the DC5 but it wouldn't have mattered who was driving it as its never been able to achieve that kind of pace. The pace it was carrying around those tight bends was very impressive. It was giving the NSX alot of trouble in some areas of that track :)

conoroneill

Advanced Member
I can't believe how gullible some people are or maybe they just don't know what they're looking at. Observe how far off the racing line the DC5 is in the majority of the corners and also how sluggish and ill timed the gear changes are.

It would be a case of roll reversal if there was a new Integra on the way with the NSX doing the same job to make it look believable to the impressionable average Joe.

A DC5 is capable of lapping Tsukuba in sub 1:05 from what I've seen. How standard the car was is debatable but the cars in this video certainly don't even sound standard.

In real life I doubt there would not be much in it between the 2 cars.