DC5 Type R vs Civic FD2 Type R

andyd

Advanced Member
Foxy red said:
If anyone is seriously looking to buy a new JDM 4 door civic;

Newera could import them for £19 OTR with all the costs included; Import Duty, VAT, Model Report, E-SVA, road tax, registration, warranty, etc.

Miguel is a top bloke 8)

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showt ... post340757
Hmmm that’s something to think about...

I may have to put one on my possible list.....

Andy

Yambo

Advanced Member
Just got offered one with 1k kms on it in as new condition for £18k!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

£19k for a new one, tempting, very tempting, we could see about a group buy lol!

SpaceMonkey

Advanced Member
Yambo said:
Just got offered one with 1k kms on it in as new condition for £18k!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

£19k for a new one, tempting, very tempting, we could see about a group buy lol!
:shock: Bargains already!!!

Who was that though Yambo? (If you don't mind me asking mate? :wink: )

dc2-dave

The dc5 driver looked as if it was his own car on his 1st trackday with no insurance ! :shock:

That new civics nice tho and i aint that keen on civics! :oops:

dc2-dave

Be nice to see what the civic could do with an older nsx if it was that close with a new 1 :xwavey: :lol:

bazza

Advanced Member
dc2-dave said:
Be nice to see what the civic could do with an older nsx if it was that close with a new 1 :xwavey: :lol:
It would indeed.. Tsukuba isn't exactly a high speed circuit which is where the NSX excels.. :D

Something like the DC2/DC5/EK9/FD2 wouldn't be a million miles off an NA1 NSX round there.. 8)

However, get it on a high speed circuit like the Nürburgring Nordschleife and the NSX would show all of the above a thing or two :wink:

IMHO it doesn't matter which car is faster. If we all wanted the fastest we would all go and buy an R32 GTR for £7000 and tune it to 500bhp. Thats a hell of a lot easier to drive fast than an NSX which requires a degree of skill and smoothness.

Eash of the Type R's offers something different. I love the rawness of the old school B-Series but appreciate the smoothness and engineering into the K-Series while enjoying the genius of the NSX.. 8)

Dan - What's wrong with FF now you have been converted to MR? :wink: :D

dan the man

Advanced Member
nah nothings wrong im just messing as usual..

oh except

traction, steering feel, kickback, torque steer, LMAO..

only kidding my best years were all FWD 8)

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Anyone watched the 07 2007 Best Motoring edition?

Fastest round the Suzuka was previously held by the NA1 NSX Type S Zero. Not any more! :shock:
Drag race, seems the FD2 is quicker than DC5 by at least 2-3 car lengths.

Good episode IMO 8)

mikegsi

Staff member
Raffe said:
dc2-dave said:
Whats torque steer ? :-k
:lol:
isnt what most tv presenter on caqr shows have to learn to do properly to make it big?
ie, being able to torque while they steer is an integral part of producing a good quality show? the poorer ones tend to be a little quiet while they drive...................

G4Z

Tsukuba isn't exactly a high speed circuit which is where the NSX excels..
It might not be the best for the NSX but it doesn't suit fwd cars one bit either. Theres alot of bends where your braking to 40mph and then excelerating away. The worst possible kind for fwd cars as they just cant get the traction of awd/rwd cars :( . That track suits the evos/scoobs and the GTR but the NSX r still holds its own 8) Around Moteige(something like that :oops: ) the NSX R really stands out :eek: 8)

That VTEC Grin

Advanced Member
spo_gen said:
Anyone watched the 07 2007 Best Motoring edition?

Fastest round the Suzuka was previously held by the NA1 NSX Type S Zero. Not any more! :shock:
Drag race, seems the FD2 is quicker than DC5 by at least 2-3 car lengths.

Good episode IMO 8)
Thanks for the heads up... :D Crackin' vid... 8)

Here are the times from the Suzuka circuit...

and after watching the BTCC at Oulton today I hope Team Dynamics runs one of these next season.... 8)

Rgds

G4Z

Oh my god :shock: I guess Tsukuba doesn't suit it. Suzuka has everything and thats amazing to be faster than the NSX type s zero, evo 6 rs and the rx7 8) For track use at least its quite a performer :) Though from afew reviews i've read it sounds like it might be haddock on our bumpy uk roads.

That VTEC Grin

Advanced Member
One thing I must be clear on... those times were set at different times, probably by different drivers... though its still impressive... 8)

Rgds

G4Z

I know mate. I saw the Civic fd2 do a 2:36.6 on another video on youtube. I also know the others have been around there quite afew times too.
The impressive thing is its so far ahead of anything in it class around there :) and to be comparing times with those cars is pretty good :)

skingg

The GTR must have some pretty bad driver. Because its impossible for an FD2 stock to outpace an R34 GTR in Suzuka. The R34 laps around the 1:05-1:06 mark in Tsukuba, so how can it lap 4 seconds behind an FD2 if it was by a legitimate proper race driver?
Also is it just me or did both times the FD2 had a slightly earlier launch over the DC5 on the drag? I know FD2 is no doubt faster but man Best Motoring is doing the same thing to the DC5 as the race around Tsukuba. :cry:

G4Z

Also is it just me or did both times the FD2 had a slightly earlier launch over the DC5 on the drag? I know FD2 is no doubt faster but man Best Motoring is doing the same thing to the DC5 as the race around Tsukuba.
No its not just you :lol: He had a head start and it made all the difference. Both would be even IMO. Power to weight favours the DC5 although the FD2 has a slight advantage with gearing and a slight stronger mid range so it should even itself out :)

The same thing happened when the DC2 came out. They stuck the crap(there all awesome but you know what i mean :lol: ) drivers in the DC2 and the top driver in the DC5. Now there doing the same with the DC5 - FD2 to help market it. But having said that around the track the DC5 is faster than the DC2 and the FD2 is quicker than both but not as much as there making it out to be on the videos.

The GTR must have some pretty bad driver. Because its impossible for an FD2 stock to outpace an R34 GTR in Suzuka
I know what you mean mate but if it can lap at a similar pace to an evo 6 rs or NSX then the GTR is not going to be any faster. Although the time of 2:39 looks abit dodgy :lol: