DC5R vs Subaru STI

celox performance

Advanced Member
An Evo or Impreza etc is a heavier car and the 4wd will kill some of the power. A Skyline is an even heavier car again and the DC5 shouldn't have any problems keeping up with any of the mentioned on the straights due to the power to weight ratio. This is in the dry and would be a different story in the wet :lol:

G4Z

Once on the roll the key formula is Wheel bhp/weight ratio. If you work that out it will tell you why from 40-100 there pretty even :) The faster your going the more power comes into play but usually up to 100mph power/weight is the key :)

I remember seeing the dc2 vs a skyline r34 gtr on a bestmoring video. On the straight the Skyline pulled about 1-2 car lengths also with better traction out of the bend :) The areas where they gain though are excelerating out of tight corners. On road tyres fwd cars havn't a chance of keeping up.

keevster

Advanced Member
Not a direct comparison, but near enough.

I went on an SIDC day with 50 scoobs, i was in my standard CTR. Lets just say some of the WRXs and STIs where pretty shocked :shock: at how the CTR could chew up the tarmac. I could basically keep with STIs in the twisties, straight line they had the edge, but the DC5 having that bit better power to weight than the ctr, would comfotably keep with an STI. STI PPP, different story again. :lol:

I had a remapped WRX 270-280bhp, and CTRs could keep with me, :shock: so, yes transmission losses, heavier car, is a negative for the Scoobs, well bug/blob eye :shock:

Out of interest, what are the toyota supra's like power wise comparing with DC5. Would be interesting to hear some thoughts on this :lol:

Paul

Vicki

Advanced Member
keevster said:
Not a direct comparison, but near enough.

I went on an SIDC day with 50 scoobs, i was in my standard CTR. Lets just say some of the WRXs and STIs where pretty shocked :shock: at how the CTR could chew up the tarmac. I could basically keep with STIs in the twisties, straight line they had the edge, but the DC5 having that bit better power to weight than the ctr, would comfotably keep with an STI. STI PPP, different story again. :lol:

I had a remapped WRX 270-280bhp, and CTRs could keep with me, :shock: so, yes transmission losses, heavier car, is a negative for the Scoobs, well bug/blob eye :shock:

Out of interest, what are the toyota supra's like power wise comparing with DC5. Would be interesting to hear some thoughts on this :lol:

Paul
I had a toyota Supra NA 2 cars ago and to be quite honest with you they are a much heavier car and slightly slower. Also handle like rubbish on corners in the wet etc.

Totally different cars but I would defo say the DC5 would kill one easily (obviously at standard, cant account for some of them out there that have a mods list longer than my legs!).

Now if we are talking the TT Supra there is no contest really, it would kick a DC5's bum on the straights, you'd definitely catch up on the corners though! I know, the other half has one! :roll:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Who cares really. If you're buying the car to brag down the pub/forum about how you beat your mates Scoob is pointless, and if you're constantly racing other cars then you'll more then likely have an accident. Sure, we all have a bit of a fun blast with other high pedigree cars, it's part and parcel of owning a 200+ bhp car, but when we start comparing cars for cars and who is faster to XXX speed it starts to make us look like a bunch of chavs.

Buy the car, enjoy it for what it is, but don't wrap it round a tree trying to outdo a Supra/Skyline/Evo/Scoob coming of a roundabout. Your Polo would beat a DC5 that's in a hedge :idea:

As for the price of the car, it looks a little cheap to me and I'd do some investigating into the cars history if I was you, ie find out who imported it etc. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Also, it's i-VTEC not i-VTECH.

mikegsi

Staff member
milano_chris said:
Who cares really. If you're buying the car to brag down the pub/forum about how you beat your mates Scoob is pointless, and if you're constantly racing other cars then you'll more then likely have an accident. Sure, we all have a bit of a fun blast with other high pedigree cars, it's part and parcel of owning a 200+ bhp car, but when we start comparing cars for cars and who is faster to XXX speed it starts to make us look like a bunch of chavs.

Buy the car, enjoy it for what it is, but don't wrap it round a tree trying to outdo a Supra/Skyline/Evo/Scoob coming of a roundabout. Your Polo would beat a DC5 that's in a hedge :idea:
good words mate, wasnt gonna post on here as its the same old same old, but well said mate........

Gary

Advanced Member
timp said:
My van will wipe the floor of a Ferrari driven by simon hawkins
Who the hell is Simon Hawkins - do you mean Prof. Stephen Hawking???

Vicki

Advanced Member
milano_chris said:

As for the price of the car, it looks a little cheap to me and I'd do some investigating into the cars history if I was you, ie find out who imported it etc. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. There's no such thing as a free lunch. Also, it's i-VTEC not i-VTECH.
Would just like to say I was not implying that I race my DC5 around hinckley cos I dont. I'm a responsible driver but of course have the occassional friendly blast with other performance car enthusiasts but only in a straight line. At the end of the day I'm a wife and mother not a racing driver and I wouldnt risk my life for a cheap thrill race. I was just giving my opinion on the DC5 vs Supra question and I am sorry if it broke any forum rules or offended anyone

:(

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Vicki said:
milano_chris said:

Would just like to say I was not implying that I race my DC5 around hinckley cos I dont. I'm a responsible driver but of course have the occassional friendly blast with other performance car enthusiasts but only in a straight line. At the end of the day I'm a wife and mother not a racing driver and I wouldnt risk my life for a cheap thrill race. I was just giving my opinion on the DC5 vs Supra question and I am sorry if it broke any forum rules or offended anyone

:(
My post wasn't aimed at you Vicki...

terry

Hello members,

My car has quite some stuff to mention, all toda cams, ex mani, exhaust,clutch, kpro etc and has about 210+ whp.

As far as i know, i had beaten weaker NA machines like 350Z, RX-8, EX-9

I got some ties with Evos ( modded about 300whp), lose to supras (350+), and got pull away by STI V. 9(400+),

As i know, it is really hard to compete with Turbo cars if both Na and Turbo had modded heaviliy. I mean, all they gotta do is increase their boost and there you go, 50 hp! While we are trying to extract every bit of juice from the car.

That being said, cornering is amazing. It is always the time spend you closen up the gap with higher hp cars. It feels so good to see the rpm holding at 7-8k in a corner and hits right up to 9 once you exit.

timp

Advanced Member
what a crap thread, whys it going on still. who really gives a dam if a fag magnet sti is quicker than anything. (no offence to anyone who may be a homosexual)

someone lock this thread so it disappears, i am so bored of people asking if its quicker than this or quicker than that. Get yourself on the bloody track or at santa pod but not a road and find out for yourself.

I thought people who drove DC5 were above the chav corsa boys, if you wanna do threads like this buy yourself a civic and log onto Honda revolutions where there are plenty of angry people you can argue all day with.

8)