dicksons of dunblane shut down

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Could explain why they provided such poor customer service? :lol:

Hopefully the value of DC5's will increase now

Assmask

And yet the Dickson of Dunblaine banner is still proudly emblazoned across the top of the very screen where I read of his downfall...

potato

When I went there to look was treated like a 12 year old, a test drive was definitely not an option!

Wardy7

Advanced Member
morgan said:
Hopefully the receivers will offer the stock very cheaply...
Why? I take it you don't have one and are after one or something then?

Cheers
Wardy

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
potato said:
When I went there to look was treated like a 12 year old, a test drive was definitely not an option!
same here.... I'm 31 and was with the girlfriend and pretty much wasn't going to let me test drive anything until I put down the cash.

I asked for the keys to see one that was outside to look inside etc.. and was told its just the same as the one in the showroom?

Mugen_ITR

Wardy7 said:
morgan said:

Cheers
Wardy
i want one 2 ..... but perhaps most of them are just on their way back from japan !!

neilmac

Happy days. Looks like they`re now the uk`s leading supplier of bugger all! Never dealt with such a bunch of tossers in my life.

CAMS

arnt they only closing to move premises? am sure thats the reason they wer closing and not todo with all the dodgy stuff.

wouldnt touch a car from them with a barge pole anyway.

JT3173

Advanced Member
When I was on the hunt for a DC5 I rang them, yep, treated like a 12 year old, well, I am nearly 24 so I can understand that :x

Asked about test drives, they said no and then I enquired about the proceadure to buy the car once chosen.

You show up, hand me the money and you can drive off.

I said, what about my insurance, do you not need to see that.

Matey said WE ARE ONLY INTERSTED IN YOUR MONEY.

That figures!!!!! Yeh, wouldnt touch them at all now.

morgan

Advanced Member
Wardy7 said:
morgan said:

Cheers
Wardy
Yup...

Gonna wait until Andy finds me the right one though.

That said, a cheap-as-chips-receivers-auction would have been interesting !

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Thank goodness I never bought mine there - I was gonna do exactly that, but now glad I went to Andy @ 200bhp and waited for mine - happy days.

vkcs20

Advanced Member
POOR SERVICE!

Been looking to buy a DC5, contacted a few dealers. I have to say that Dicksons of Dunblane/ or Perth whatever they call themselves, are just rude and bunch of useless arrogant people. I emailed, one of their "sales" advisors requesting some info about their cars and he replied the cars are all in excellent condition and I can't tell you more because I don't read japanese ( he must be referring to the auction papers). Thats nice! this proves to me that they really know the whole "history" of their cars and I believe them, when they tell me "they are ALL in excellent condition" (Yeah, right!!!)

I emailed them from my work address, hoping they take me seriously, but looking at the above comments, I'm not surprised now about their behaviour. Is it me, or do they exagerate about their pricing structure?! Or maybe they are not aware of the market conditions at the moment?!

logik

Advanced Member
JT3173 said:
When I was on the hunt for a DC5 I rang them, yep, treated like a 12 year old, well, I am nearly 24 so I can understand that :x

Asked about test drives, they said no and then I enquired about the proceadure to buy the car once chosen.

You show up, hand me the money and you can drive off.

I said, what about my insurance, do you not need to see that.

Matey said WE ARE ONLY INTERSTED IN YOUR MONEY.

That figures!!!!! Yeh, wouldnt touch them at all now.
That is unreal, i cant get over a company run like that.

Martin_DC5

Not one positive comment in this topic :lol:

To be fair, i've heard bad stories about EVERY importer, some more than others.

My only personal experience with dicksons is that my dc5 originally came from them with the last owners. the car is absolutely immaculate so can't fault them there. i phoned them once i had the car to see if they had any more info on the car and the guy couldn't have been any more helpful, sounded like a top bloke. he also stated all their cars are grade 4.5 or above. a friend bought an EP82 starlet from them and its like going back in time.

if it were my business i wouldnt be giving test drives willy nilly, i know that myself for one have been to garages bored on a friday to test drive random cars :lol: just my opinion, and that garages shouldn't be judged unless you have actually used them.