Donnington - Sat 8th Dec

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi

I'm currently booked to do my first day at Donnington in my DC2, Saturday 8th December. It's an open pit lane day, so lots of track time 8)

It's with:

www.circuit-days.co.uk

The advertised cost is £149... however if your a Honda Rev's member, your get a discount... give them a call and speak to Chris :wink: (£134)

They also include a 20min session of on track tuition in the price :!:

Hope a few DC2/5 owners will join in :?:

Mike

boz5r

Advanced Member
Yes i might be up for this my brakes \ tyres are sh** tho i wonder if 3mm tread will be enough lol.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Me and Alucard (DC2) are considering this, although I'll be in the FD rather than the DC5 as track insurance is included in my policy for that.

Still debating whether this or a sessioned day at £105 is better - I enjoyed the sessions last time out, as everyone was on warming up/cooling down laps at the same time and it was about the right length on track, but at this time of year, open pit lane will be better for overall track time.

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Out of interest who has been out on track with with circuit days before? How was it? Just wanted to get an idea before considering this as I know some organisers do things differently and I'm just a novice!

Cheers
Ed

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Ed

This is my first venture out with Circuit-Days...

They have been used by a few poeple I know though... with no bad reports.....

I will have to see more on the day.....

Mike

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Think I might go for this, as Alucard's stem seals look like they've gone, so I'll be solo. :(

I have lots of friends/family who want passenger rides, which are free with Circuit Days but £20 a pop with Trakzone (Donington themselves), so it costs in even without the extra track time of an open pit lane taken into account. I also wouldn't mind the free instruction! 8)

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Booked! :D

In the FD though. Fingers crossed the weather won't be like it is right now... :shock:

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
I'm still toying with the idea of this too....might see you guys down there.....mmmm....will it piss it down or won't it???

:lol:

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Anybody wanna go halve/quarters on pre-booking a garage, or are you gonna get their well early to bag one? (Assuming a few more people book on, as there aren't a huge number at the moment).

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Hmm, might actually go "feck it" and put this on the credit card. Really wanting to do one before it gets too cold and harsh.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
You're making me wish I was taking mine! :wink: (I will be thinking this even more if it's wet on the day... :? )

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I found Donington was pretty easy on the T1-Rs on my track wheels (they came on them, I wouldn't have paid for them!), so you should be fine.

The Falken 452s and P Zeros on the FD were fine too.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Last time I went on with T1-R's on the EP3 they did not hold up well at all, the rubber totally melted into the grooves :lol:

celox performance

Advanced Member
I'll have to do an afternoon session if there is one. It does say on the itinery that there's an afternoon signing on and briefing so I presume that there is one :?

The reason is I live 3 hours away from the track and i'd either have to be up at 4.30am to get there for an 8.20 sign on or stay at a hotel, but that would mean it would be too early to get breakfast and I need my breakfast :lol:

I've been trying to contact the event organisers to find out but the phone's just ringing out :( .