Donnington - Sat 8th Dec

celox performance

Advanced Member
I've just spoken to the event organisers and there are no am or pm sessions left, only the full day :( . I may pay for the full day and just arrive for the pm session at 12.30.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Hmm, good question - I would have assumed National (it normally is unless there are loads of cars), but the circuit map no the info page shows the GP circuit. Hopefully it's the latter, really enjoyed it last time! :D

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Just by chance.....

Is anyone staying up near to the circuit the night before ??

I wasn't going too.... but may now... as I don't want a silly start.. and also want a garage so have to arrive early...

Anyway.. the DC2 is now ready for next Sat... gearbox / engine oil changed, brakes checked... cleaned.... Can't wait :D

Mike

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I only live 15 minutes away mate, so I guess I'm staying nearby! :lol: :wink:

Will try and get there early for a garage too. That means a 7.30am arrival though... :? :(

P.S. Long-term weather forecast says light rain, but only "mostly cloudy" for Sunday and Monday, so fingers crossed the weather system moves a bit quicker and we get "mostly cloudy" for Saturday!

deburr

Advanced Member
A friend did a track day with these guy's a month or so ago and it was the GP track they used.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
That would be good.

Although it looks like definite rain on Saturday, so I hope it's a good exercise in car control and not a series of impromptu drift events! :shock:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
I've managed to book a Hotel / B&B neat to the circuit...

So I will be nice and early... and wont have a silly o'clock start!!

Anyway... not worried about the weather myself... as it's my first visit... if wet.. it's a good way to learn the circuit etc..

Mike

lockwood77

Advanced Member
You're not in a RWD 300+bhp twin-turbo car though mate! :wink:

Hoping to get down early myself, want to get a garage in the rain and also book the free instruction for an early slot!

celox performance

Advanced Member
I'll probably come and watch, if I do i'll come over and say hello to you all :D

I'm going to Lincoln market on Saturday afternoon (weather depending) so if Donnington's more or less on the way i'll take a slight detour. Not sure if i'll be taking the Teg or going in the GF's car, it's a 3 hour trip each way so she may drive so I can have a sleep on the way home :lol: . I'm gutted I couldn't make this track day :(

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
lockwood77 said:

Hoping to get down early myself, want to get a garage in the rain and also book the free instruction for an early slot!
I'll just wait for the first spin then :D :D

Should be good....

Mike

tron2k3

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
lockwood77 said:

I'll just wait for the first spin then :D :D

Should be good....

Mike
Good to meet you Mike Your DC2 is mint :) good to see you again Ian and finally meet Dixon to :)

Had a good day even though it was peeing with rain, never realised it was possible to Drift a DC5 all day long :lol:

celox performance

Advanced Member
I was on my way to watch on the way to Lincoln market but only managed to travel 50 miles before having to turn back due to severe weather on the motorway. The lanes were waterlogged and that together with the wind and spray I couldn't see anything, so decided to turn back :(

tron2k3

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
I was on my way to watch on the way to Lincoln market but only managed to travel 50 miles before having to turn back due to severe weather on the motorway. The lanes were waterlogged and that together with the wind and spray I couldn't see anything, so decided to turn back :(
Thats what Donington's track was like. Great Fun. :lol:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Good to meet peeps yesterday...

It was a wet day :D but I had a great time :lol:

Certainly have now lost any worries of wet trackdays.... it was good I was able to 'mix' it with the big boys... and then watch them spin out :lol:

Only down side, their were a lot of spinners during the day and a fair few stoppages... Maybe people need to learn to drive to the conditions etc...

Also, their were a lot of newbies to trackdays... and some didn't apply the overtaking rules.. I had to make a complaint about one driver..

On a +ve side... at least Circuit Days actually make / request newbies to have an additional sticker placed on their cars at the rear... which I felt was an aid..

Overall, a very good, fun and safe day...

Mike

(Cars now ready to tackle Brands tomorrow… :xvtec: )

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Yeah, I thought that was a good idea about the novices - like you say, it really showed, particularly that C4S that just would not get out of the way despite doing 10mph round every corner and not pulling one metre away on the straights either! :evil:

Anyway, good to meet everyone - some MRC folks turned up too, which was cool. That three rotor single turbo FD is immense! :shock: Your car looks great Mike, seems to go very well too. Suprisingly quiet I thought as I watched it down the straight!

Will, you gotta change those tyres man! :lol:

I had to take it easy, the car handles fine but trying to get that power down through the rear wheels with the added bonus of turbos spooling was a nightmare (as Will will testify having been behind while I fishtailed onto the pit straight). The slightest bit too much throttle if the car wasn't in a straight line and it was sideways time!

Plus, with the amount of people spinning and at least five or six red flags, I didn't wanna join the casualty list! I also tended to let people past even though I was keeping ahead of them, cos I didn't fancy being punted if I did get a spin on!

Anyone know what happened towards the end (about 3pm) when the ambulances went out?

tron2k3

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
I had to take it easy, the car handles fine but trying to get that power down through the rear wheels with the added bonus of turbos spooling was a nightmare (as Will will testify having been behind while I fishtailed onto the pit straight). The slightest bit too much throttle if the car wasn't in a straight line and it was sideways time!
I think you were just trying to show off :lol:

Your car seemed pretty planted (compared to mine anyway :roll:) and there didn't seem to be any turbo lag, I was really surprised how progressive the power delivery was.

No idea what the 3pm stop was for I saw the tow truck come in but no car on it. Then I saw the lights turn green so quickly jumped in the car for a last stint, must have done about 1 lap then they brought the checkered flag out :cry:

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Ha, I wish I was confident enough to deliberately do things like that! :lol:

Power is nice and smooth with the twin turbos, especially on track as you don't drop below 2k RPM when the first one spools up. There is a kick when the second turbo comes in about 4500 RPM though, which can be interesting if it happens mid-corner!

I'm sure your car will feel great with better tyres on (or just in the dry?), especially if you get those Spoons on! :D

tron2k3

Advanced Member
lockwood77 said:
Ha, I wish I was confident enough to deliberately do things like that! :lol:

Power is nice and smooth with the twin turbos, especially on track as you don't drop below 2k RPM when the first one spools up. There is a kick when the second turbo comes in about 4500 RPM though, which can be interesting if it happens mid-corner!

I'm sure your car will feel great with better tyres on (or just in the dry?), especially if you get those Spoons on! :D
Yeah put the RE070's back on today and it felt so much better, like Dixon said which track next :)