Ebay Timing Chain kit

SimonJames

Advanced Member
Hi all, I finally got the Teg back on the road Thursday, great drive to work Thursday morning then when i started it Thursday evening to come home i got some chain rattle, anyway rang around a few main dealers for chain, tensioner and guides and all came back with similar prices around the £400 mark with the VAT added, so i did a quick google search to find a seller on ebay selling 'genuine' Honda items for £260 all in including delivery, I'm just wondering if anyone has used these before and came confirm that they are genuine as there are so many fake items out there.

Mark_teg

Staff member
I wouldn't trust eBay to source such an important part tbh!

Have you rang TGM? They'd prob fit it for around the price your dealer has quoted just supplied.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
I can fit it myself and it would be the trouble of getting the car trailered to them, not sure though if they do mail order ?

Mark_teg

Staff member
SimonJames said:
I can fit it myself and it would be the trouble of getting the car trailered to them, not sure though if they do mail order ?
I've had parts posted by them in the past.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I think Tegiwa are also one of the cheapest places to supply these parts. May be worth a look for comparison. The parts you require are on their site.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
Looked under DC5 no chain, tensioner or guides in any category do you buy items for an FN/EP ???

SimonJames

Advanced Member
Had just noticed the search after looking through FN EP civics tegiwa are £50 more expensive than the eBay guy but known to be genuine think i'll go with them

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
At those prices they will be grey imported from the USA or Japan probably . And while genuine Honda won't have any comebacks if there is a problem with them - other then asking the reseller for help you will be on your own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Sorry Simon, I hadn't looked since the new site had been launched. I wrongly concluded that if it was all there on the old site it would most certainly be on the new one.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Stevie at Grinspeed charges £500 all in for a timing belt change using genuine OEM Honda parts.

Tegiwa Imports

Parts Trader

SimonJames

Advanced Member
Got to say it was money well spent the car has never driven do good, would recommend anyone with an engine over 90k do the chain and tensioner

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk