End of an era :(

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Hang on...

*EDIT

EVO x is about 27mpg average, 2007 ST is ABOUT 30........

Considering the performance difference, I would get the Evo X :D

But then I like the Focus RS..... lol

ST isnt a patch on either DC5, Evo or Focus RS...

But depends what you want from a car.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Hang on...

*EDIT

EVO x is about 27mpg average, 2007 ST is ABOUT 30........

Considering the performance difference, I would get the Evo X :D

But then I like the Focus RS..... lol

ST isnt a patch on either DC5, Evo or Focus RS...

But depends what you want from a car.
Mmmm, you might have a point about the fuel, just checked the figures. Want something not too expensive that is sporty and I can use as a daily driver to work. Evo X isn't an option until I retire as I will buy one in unblemished condition, way too good to use as a daily driver on country roads that get flooded and run past farms and fields.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Well I could stay in the Honda fold and go for this. Spoke with the owner and he said it's in unblemished condition as he hardly ever uses it, still has finance on it and needs it cleared as well. Said price is negotiable so might get it for not much more than my pay out. 3 years old with 17k miles is a lot newer than what I had. And then there is the Muger bodykit and Tdi turbo kit in the future (hope the wife doesn't read this)

http://manxmotortrader.com/listing/2009-honda-civic-type-r-gt-2/

coolerking

Advanced Member
Gutted to hear this kev honestly! Cant believe the asking price to buy it back, i think an evo is the best shout, but i'd buy another dc5 personally

Another thought, fn2? Relatively comfy and a lot of parts kickin about for em?

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Well I could stay in the Honda fold and go for this. Spoke with the owner and he said it's in unblemished condition as he hardly ever uses it, still has finance on it and needs it cleared as well. Said price is negotiable so might get it for not much more than my pay out. 3 years old with 17k miles is a lot newer than what I had. And then there is the Muger bodykit and Tdi turbo kit in the future (hope the wife doesn't read this)

http://manxmotortrad...ic-type-r-gt-2/
I'm not a massive fan of the FN2 and i don't think it would feel as special compared to the DC5. At the end of the day its your money, but i would still try and get another Integra!
Gutted to hear this kev honestly! Cant believe the asking price to buy it back, i think an evo is the best shout, but i'd buy another dc5 personally

Another thought, fn2? Relatively comfy and a lot of parts kickin about for em?
Read up :)

hondazzz

Advanced Member
Sad to hear it mate but since you got good money out of it ...just move on and make a fresh start..

In my opinion...

fn2 + mugen kit + tdi north turbo setup = WIN

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Being around on here for around 8 months myself its really sad to see some of the more long standing members leaving the fold. Out of the choices you've given though I'd say at least stick with a Honda so we aren't losing you altogether :)
What sort of money are you talking to bring a car in nowadays? Couldn't 9k easily cover that with what DC5's are fetching now?
FD2 not an option is it? Might change your mind on the EvoX idea ;)

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Any opinions on this, not exactly an Evo or Imprezza but a lot of car for the money.

http://www.manxads.c...7554&Category=1
dont do it. i have one now after having sold the teg. regretting it massively.

Good Points.
heated front windscreen is a godsend.
they sound ok, even as standard.
easy and cheap to tune, if you want to.

Bad Points
terrible on fuel, i have driven like a granny and got no more than 22mpg.
terrible to work on (big engine in a small hole = very cramped).
such a let down to drive after driving the teg for so long.
slow
heavy
traction control makes your life as difficult as it can.
no diff.
i've had a couple of ABS moments and frankly i wish i didnt have the ABS, it pretty much stops you braking and you coast to a halt.
and finally, it's a ford.

Once i get myself closer to buying a house (which is why i sold th teg) i will be replacing the focus with another teg, or an evo.

Bonito

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear that fella but that is a nice payout! Have you looked into what tax would be if you got another DC5? If your gearknob is the one in your sig, I want. :xgrin:

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Yep M3 would be nice. Not enough cash for an FD2. Still £12K+. NSX if you can get one would be epic! A Scoobies are boring and common as muck. Evo's are expensive to run and 'no fun' to drive (so I have heard, repeatedly) and as mentioned before dont get a Ford because, well, it's a Ford!

Get another Integra. Wait to see what is about. You will more than likely have to come to the mainland to buy one. One from the forum would be ideal.

Vtequila

Dutchy
Its sad to end your 'era' as you call it like this. Good thing the teg had a insurance you got 9k back, I can imagine you will be having hard feelings about it but I respect the fact that you share your thoughts about what happened and say thanks for the friends you made, says something about your personality ;) Hope you will have a nice replacement for the dc5 you drove the last 3 years, you are very unlucky to have lost your dreamcar like this.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Update on situation.

Took Focus ST for a test drive, heap of junk. All wheels kerbed, heavy, sluggish, can't read milometer due to some filter being faulty in the display, rattles due to firm suspension. Nuff said, won't be buying it.

Took FN2 Type R for drive, it's black and stone chips on wings and bonnet stand out like a sore thumb. I was scared when I accelerated on a fast bend, steering seemed so vague and no feel comapred to the DC5 so not for me either. Gave me no confidence when driving it, was a rattle in dashboard and suspension firmer than the DC5.

Spoke with the bodyshop after this and they are phoning the insurance company to complain about the engineer. They say the car is easily repairable and the only structural damage is to the inner front wing. They also can't believe the buy back price of £6.5k especially as they've had lots of phone calls asking where the car is going when it is scrapped, so watch this space, there is hope yet.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
They also can't believe the buy back price of £6.5k especially as they've had lots of phone calls asking where the car is going when it is scrapped, so watch this space, there is hope yet.
Oh good! Fingers crossed for you!