Engine Bay Detailing

p1tse

Advanced Member
need to find a picture of mine, as from memory I don't think I have, or may I do (will be popping out at lunch time to look now)

but it's the one central which runs over the top of intake breather pipe, black hose?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Being a numpty, I do have that hose :)

Just in your picture my eyes were drawn towards it more for whatever reason

OliverV

i one day did a engine bay cleaning..

before:

after:

and i used meguiars tire shine! :D but i just wanted it to look clean...

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Found this on Youtube, obviously the methods applied can be used on any car and I find his methods and tips to be really good.

I did clean mine about a year ago but it quickly gets manky so going to give it another blast tomorrow but will use different brushes this time and take my time a bit more.

Engine looks immaculate after he's done it on this Ferrari.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJS2cW1hMLQ

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
I need to give this a try, mines un tidy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's pretty easy and not too strenuous.

So long as you cover the main electrical components it will be fine. Wrap them in cling film then put little doggy poop bags around them with tape or electrical tape which is water resistant like he said in the video, that's what I'll be doing.

The guide off here is very good to tell you which sensors etc need covering up. Get some GUNK foam from Halfords along with a decent all purpose cleaner like Chemical Guys Citrus all clean and you're good to go.

I really enjoyed cleaning mine, find it very relaxing.

C2AXG

Advanced Member
what about the gearbox speed sensor? surely that needs covering up....?

Mark_teg

Staff member
C2AXG said:
what about the gearbox speed sensor? surely that needs covering up....?
I never cover anything when washing my engine bay, just use a hose with little pressure and it's fine.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
As above- I used cling film once on my EP and it washed of and got stuck to the manifold. Took ages to burn off and absolutely stank once the car got hot!