Engine mounts again?

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hi all
I know this has been asked on a few pages I have read but would like some fresh answers as some of you may have had them fitted since.

I am looking at either billet, innovative or hasport mounts in 72A shore urethane or abouts.

I have standard mounts with ESMM inserts at the moment but there not holding the engine enough as the manifold is hitting the antiroll bar sometimes when I let off the clutch.

They are said to be 72A shore the inserts once inserted but I don't believe they are.

Anyway, my question is what make would you say is the best for quality and life expectancy and will this make the car have more vibes than I have all ready.

Thanks
James.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Hi all
I know this has been asked on a few pages I have read but would like some fresh answers as some of you may have had them fitted since.

I am looking at either billet, innovative or hasport mounts in 72A shore urethane or abouts.

I have standard mounts with ESMM inserts at the moment but there not holding the engine enough as the manifold is hitting the antiroll bar sometimes when I let off the clutch.

They are said to be 72A shore the inserts once inserted but I don't believe they are.

Anyway, my question is what make would you say is the best for quality and life expectancy and will this make the car have more vibes than I have all ready.

Thanks
James.
+1

vtecpang

Advanced Member
+2

I very much need to replace mine and considering your options above.
I would like to know more or less what James has asked

But also would like to know peoples engines modifications related to their engine mounts.
Did they wish they had changed to another type etc etc

cheers
Manf
:)

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
So no real reply to this..........

I have contacted Honda-r and funkeypower for a price but am still waiting after 3 days 8-( nobody wants my money lol.

Stoo

Whining.....
I have the innovative 75A type.
I'm not 100% happy with them, but I need to investigate a little before I make any curseing comments I think.
I think they are starting to sag already after 3 months.3000 miles......

Have a look here in the meantime..

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=755729

vtecpang

Advanced Member
Just read the whole thread on RSX and still none the wiser. Most of what I read I know already. Thread gets abit lost.
mostly AVID ftw ! !
Your post (Stoo) was quite a valid post but no reply :(

Bummer!

Stoo
Did you not buy the mugen mounts from a member on here??
I should have bought them when I purchased the car :twisted:

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Right i have bit the billet so to speak,
From what i have read and it was alot!!!
Most people are happy with Hasport over innovative mounts. Most say that the Billet mounts are better than the pressed steel ones Stoo has.
I have read reveiws on the hasport 72A AND 60A. Most state than the 70A are awsom for holding the engine still but cause alot of viabration. 60A are better on the vibes but the engine moves a little.

So my conclution is that i have bought the 60A billet Hasport mounts and if i find they move i will purchase the innovative front mount in 70A polyurethane to help the torque movement.

This is the best conclution i have come up with from all the american reveiws i have read.
I hope this helps.

I will update once i fit them.
James.

Rob.

Advanced Member
Got Avid Racing mounts on mine, they hold the Engine/box a lot better than the ESMM inserts, had them on for over a year and all is still well :wink:

As for the vibrations I wouldn't advise for road use as the dash, steering coloum and pretty much everything vibrates :evil: , allthough it is better now the idle speed is picked up 150rpm...

Engine is running 270bhp as well so they are pretty strong B)

vtecpang

Advanced Member
Great conclusion James

Look forward to your instalment

Where you buying the hasports from?

paul hughes

Iv got them coming in from eBay USA.
Sorry for butting in Guys, but you will see from the AVID RACING website that they have a European distributor, Button on the top left column AVID RACING UK.

Thats actually us.

We have them on the shelf in Billet Alloy for £260 less your discount. and UK lifetime warranty.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Right i have bit the billet so to speak,
From what i have read and it was alot!!!
Most people are happy with Hasport over innovative mounts. Most say that the Billet mounts are better than the pressed steel ones Stoo has.
I have read reveiws on the hasport 72A AND 60A. Most state than the 70A are awsom for holding the engine still but cause alot of viabration. 60A are better on the vibes but the engine moves a little.

So my conclution is that i have bought the 60A billet Hasport mounts and if i find they move i will purchase the innovative front mount in 70A polyurethane to help the torque movement.

This is the best conclution i have come up with from all the american reveiws i have read.
I hope this helps.

I will update once i fit them.
James.
Yeah let us know what your conclusion is. Let us know where and how much you got them for. Could do with replacing mine before Japfest 2.

vtecpang

Advanced Member
Sorry for butting in Guys, but you will see from the AVID RACING website that they have a European distributor, Button on the top left column AVID RACING UK.

Thats actually us.

We have them on the shelf in Billet Alloy for £260 less your discount. and UK lifetime warranty.
Paul

He's actually purchasing Hasport ;)

regards
manf

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Hi Guy's,

Sorry Paul but as vtecpang said i have bought Hasport :)
they have got the best reveiws in america so i can see.

the link to the guy i bought them from is here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370491272516&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

i will let you all know what i think once they arrive.
James.