Enkei RPF1 Gold paint code

Samy888

Advanced Member
Messages
427
Hi Guys,

so my mrs is getting my enkeis refurbed for my christmas pressie, originally silver
but after seeing how good the gold looks on a few members cars and since it will match my gold themed engine bay i reckon i will go with that.

So would anyone know what the paint code is for that particualr gold? or even suggest a saucy shade
to go for?

cheers :)

 

truupR

Advanced Member
Messages
300
This isn't going to be helpful in any way, shape or form, but get them done in illusion purple :xyes: I really want mine done in that colour!

NT03's in that the mentioned purple

 

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Messages
503
truupR said:
This isn't going to be helpful in any way, shape or form, but get them done in illusion purple :xyes: I really want mine done in that colour!

NT03's in that the mentioned purple

That's really nice
 

Samy888

Advanced Member
Messages
427
2ndy said:
Hope the wide ones are going on the front!
hmm i dont know :/ was tempted to but the 9's on the rear and 8's up front. im thinking fitment issues lol
 

Samy888

Advanced Member
Messages
427
truupR said:
This isn't going to be helpful in any way, shape or form, but get them done in illusion purple :xyes: I really want mine done in that colour!

NT03's in that the mentioned purple

that is nice, but dont know it if would look right on a CW car?
 

truupR

Advanced Member
Messages
300
Samy888 said:
that is nice, but dont know it if would look right on a CW car?
Not sure, think I've seen a few rsx's in the states running purple, green, orange, red etc. RPF1's on my searches through the interwebs. I quite like the look of 'different' colour alloys though. 99% of people stick with the safe options like white, black, silver, bronze or gold. Turquoise/Cyan can look pretty amazing on CW - Bally_JDM's car currently for sale on here is rockin' that colour combo. I think it looks awesome.

Those NT03's look good in that picture. I think they look all the more epic simply because they're 18" not 17" and the car is stanced right. Going for a mad colour needs to be put on the right style alloy, and the ride height and everything else needs to really compliment that. Trying to change OEM alloys to anything outside the safe colours typically means it'll look pretty daft.

The only reason why I haven't gone for a colour like the above on my rpf1's is simply the cost. Most places quoted over £400+ just to spray them in strange colours. They're brand new, and only went on the car last week. The other half almost had cardiac arrest after she saw how much I'd just spent on getting them into the country in the first place.

You don't seem sold on the idea of too much of a different colour, so I'd say stick with gold. You can't go far wrong with gold, but I thought I'd share my thoughts none the less :p
 

Samy888

Advanced Member
Messages
427
truupR said:
Not sure, think I've seen a few rsx's in the states running purple, green, orange, red etc. RPF1's on my searches through the interwebs. I quite like the look of 'different' colour alloys though. 99% of people stick with the safe options like white, black, silver, bronze or gold. Turquoise/Cyan can look pretty amazing on CW - Bally_JDM's car currently for sale on here is rockin' that colour combo. I think it looks awesome.

Those NT03's look good in that picture. I think they look all the more epic simply because they're 18" not 17" and the car is stanced right. Going for a mad colour needs to be put on the right style alloy, and the ride height and everything else needs to really compliment that. Trying to change OEM alloys to anything outside the safe colours typically means it'll look pretty daft.

The only reason why I haven't gone for a colour like the above on my rpf1's is simply the cost. Most places quoted over £400+ just to spray them in strange colours. They're brand new, and only went on the car last week. The other half almost had cardiac arrest after she saw how much I'd just spent on getting them into the country in the first place.

You don't seem sold on the idea of too much of a different colour, so I'd say stick with gold. You can't go far wrong with gold, but I thought I'd share my thoughts none the less :p
to be honest i was really set on CW wheels, i have never seen a DC5 with then done that colour, but practicallity has to come into it too. even though its not a daily car I quite fancy the idea of not having to clean my wheels after each journey lol. i dont want to plonk a random colour out there, it has to match in with at least a few bits on my car. (maybe that's my OCD) but the gold does really suit the car. i would love to have them done in a flip paint to match my rocker cover but again i could imagine that being very very pricey!

 

truupR

Advanced Member
Messages
300
Samy888 said:
to be honest i was really set on CW wheels, i have never seen a DC5 with then done that colour
There's only 1 pic I've ever seen of a CW DC5/RSX with CW rpf1's:

 

Samy888

Advanced Member
Messages
427
Stop it! white looks awesome...aww I don't know. I'll just paint the front white and rears gold haha!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

p1tse

Advanced Member
Messages
2,696
Samy888 said:
Stop it! white looks awesome...aww I don't know. I'll just paint the front white and rears gold haha!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or go one side white and the other gold lol
 

FireDance

Advanced Member
Messages
795
I have white wheels, never again will I have white wheels!!!!


I love the blue, on a white car you have so much choice as white goes with mostly anything


The flip paint should not cost too much more if getting a decent body shop to paint them, I would say £80 a wheel, maybe £100 max. That would look awesome & well worth the money B)
 

Samy888

Advanced Member
Messages
427
ORRRR. what about red? (not a DC5 but looks awesome) see this is exactly why i shouldnt have bought wheels.... i dont actually know :xaiweb4:

 

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Messages
3,817
BenLAST said:
Why why why that would look horrendous!!
I agree.

Sometimes people come up to me talking about the car and say 'Aren't these rear wheel drive? They look it.'
Not sure if it's the reverse rake of the Spoon springs but if you had the wider wheels at the back, that would make the car look more aggressive!! Depends what you are going for?
 

dave7368

Advanced Member
Messages
2,741
yep, wider wheels on the front look horrendous...



my new fronts are an inch wider than the rears too... gonna look rubbish.. :xhappy:
 

BenLAST

Advanced Member
Messages
157
If you're going to run that exact geo then I'll take my comment back, I'll wait an see...
 

Samy888

Advanced Member
Messages
427
Yep I do think running the wider rears will give a more aggressive look. 9' on the rear and 8's on the front. running 245/40/R17 rear and 235/40/R17 on the fronts. the handling will not be effected at all I reckon, well at least it won't be noticeable on the road anyway :)
 

miki1212

Advanced Member
Messages
256
Samy888 said:
hmm i dont know :/ was tempted to but the 9's on the rear and 8's up front. im thinking fitment issues lol
you will definitely have more fitment issues with the 9's on the rear, saying that though it's not impossible, arch work and a heap of camber, but why would you have the bigger tyre on the non driven axle.
 
Top