Excellent fuel economy of our K20A engines.

kingston

Advanced Member
Hit 280 miles the other day on a tank, had abit left to go though (think another 5 litres of fuel) so not sure what final 'conk' out distance would have been

sherv14

Advanced Member
Ive spent well over £100 in the week and a half ive had my car. I have started collecting my reciepts to check total damage at the end of this month. :?

Also, im almost certain the milage counter is still clocking up kms and not miles.

dan the man

Advanced Member
just a thought trung.

when me and mick (ctr) went o the ring a week ago we did exactly the same route and both clocked it. he had done miles more milage than me :!: :!: :!:

on the autobahn when he was at 160 my gps read 150mph, my dc5 was at 152 mph so the CTR is well out on speedo..so the miles rack up more too :!:

so nearly every car u buy has less miles on it than u thought and because my DC5 has been calibrated very good its very close to being true.

I got 150 miles out of the top quarter of the tank..then all went tits up as started using vtec and got to the ring..lol

dan 8)

dobber

Advanced Member
I did 350 miles to a tank the other week. Drove to JAE and back, then a few journies around town and to work. Have to say i was mighty impressed as i wasnt exactly hanging around going to and from JAE 8)

t_omo

OMG my DC2 did 240 tops on £35 of optimax! - and that was taking it very easy!!

K20a a lot more efficient??

mikegsi

Staff member
a lot more, my dc2 would do about that, but i rarely took it easy, tried to do a take iot easy tank in the dcc5 but didnt last!! still managed 310 miles with about 40 miles worth of vtec! :D

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Actually managed 317 on the weekend, driving to Silverstone and back, however I was on the light for last 20miles as there's a lack of service stations between Bath & Wales :x

Surprised me...didn't realise my clock went passed 280 :lol:

mikegsi

Staff member
kingston said:
& i still cant break the 300 mile mark
i still had about 10litres of fuel left ion the tank, i dont like taking it till the light comes on!
it really hurt me driving it like i hasd to to get that mpg! :wink:

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
This maybe just me.... but Tesco's 99 ron stuff seams to last longer than other SUL petrol...

Mike

kingston

Advanced Member
Must just be your light foot and penny pinching ways :p

Mind you, ive NEVER run a full tank on anything less than 99 ron :D So if thats true, id hate to think what mpg i would really get

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
This maybe just me.... but Tesco's 99 ron stuff seams to last longer than other SUL petrol...

Mike
I agree, I tend to get 240 miles rather than 210-220 form a tank nowadays using Tesco wonder juice.

Wootty

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
Yep - i was saying that the otherday at silverstone. Seems to last much longer - even with some heavy footing - well its 99ron :lol: - you just gotta!

Wootty

Advanced Member
SCOTTIECTR said:
You're not putting 99 in the Fiat :lol: :shock:
Actually----- when that fuel panic was on i could only get topped up with optimax so it had 1/2 a tank of that :lol: Made no difference at all! :lol:

Its a bit like the ol' Flintstone car - you have to get the feet going to get more speed :lol:

Garage has ordered all the bits and getting some stuff off Andy at the weekend so it should be just a couple of weeks now :D :xvtec:

Splink

Advanced Member
I filled up with tescos 99 - doing my usual journeys to work and see folks during the week. Compared to optimax - I was just over half left on tesco, on shell i was just over a quarter for exactly the same journeys.

Suped

Advanced Member
i pulled a 260 from the tank with Tesco 99 RON. Thats me going tescos from now on...!