exhaust issue....

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
i have a toda manifold and mugen cat back, the mugen seems to be sat too low because of the way the flange on the toda sits.
has anyone else got the same setup?
the car is only on eibach springs but scrapes on speed bumps, it just doesnt look right

is it a known issue with either the toda or mugen?

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Never had any issues with the Toda header and I had many different exhausts (Titanium J's Racing 60RS, Fujitsubo RM-01A, Amuse R1 Titan, Toda dolphin tail cat back, K-tuned, Top Secret titanium).
The quality of Mugen is really good, so it shouldn't be an issue hanging low.

A common issue is the flex part of the Toda that can be replaced, maybe they did a bad job replacing the flex...

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Some aftermarket setups do scrape on speed bumps. Stiffer exhaust hangers can help, as above also check the flexi in the manifold.

p1tse

Advanced Member
My mugen b pipe hangs low but not as low as the Fuji did; will dig up pic/ post for reference later

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Any pictures?

You are lowered so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

I was on Eibach springs last year and then had a J's 60RS fitted, standard manifold. It then scraped on speedbumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
My twinloop scraped at the rear on eibach (reverse rake ones). You car a little lower at the back than the front?

No issues since putting mugen showa on though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
hi, ended up the flex had been replaced and wasn't rewelded in the right position, had it corrected and now im scrapless!!!